Notices

What next ?????????

Old 07-27-2011, 03:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What next ?????????

I use to be in the alcohol section for years,thankfully i have been sober and clean i thought until yesterday, short and sweet i had a injury my Dr knows my entire life story so he say's here is Tramadol,it is safe for YOU to take pppffffffttttt. SOoooo why am i sitting here at 6:02am typing to a recovery site ? It is NOT a safe drug the withdrawls are hell,they are worse than the 30 + oxy's i was taking a day years ago and went cold turkey on those suckers,im weaning supposedly on this crap.
Anyone else have problems wit this devils tooth pill ? Experience strength and hope with this would be great right now im in soo much pain and the restlesslegs you hear or have had ? I have them plus my arms and stomach are doing the same crap.. Hahhaha leave it to beaver to find something so safe as i was told to mess me up so bad.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

dammit!

hope your over the hurdle real soon pc

as i know this story all too well
Old 07-27-2011, 03:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Man i just cant figure how my doc could give me this crap,maybe he doesnt know ?He will today in 1hr and 44 minutes lol I do feel responsible for not checking this drug out myself ,after it was too late i googled it and found out the devastating word on this junk.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am very confused. Tramadol is a non opiate agonist. I have seen many people take it without any reaction at all. My dear friend takes it every day. I have taken it myself for a day or two and only noticed it made me sleepy for the first hour. Maybe you have a type of allergy to it. Definitely call your doctor.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Everything was fine until i tried to come off of it,just google it and see what this stuff is all about.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Also i did take it for about 4 months,maybe that had something to differ in our experience.?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi problemchild,

Wish I had some advice, but I'm here for the booze.
However, I couldn't help notice you're also in WNC & was wondering where if you don't mind me asking.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am quite familiar with this medication. I am not a physician and am not giving medical advice but I have never known of any addiction to it. However, this is from rxlist.com

"Along with its benefits, this medication may rarely cause abnormal drug-seeking behavior (addiction). This risk may be increased if you have abused alcohol or drugs in the past. Take this medication exactly as prescribed to lessen the risk of addiction. "

I did not know that risk increases for addiction when someone has abused alcohol and drugs in the past. Good information. Learn something new every day. Hang in there. Sorry you have to go through withdrawals.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have no experience with this particular drug but I did always consider pills to be "my thing". I thought they were great because I was never hung over like with booze. Stupid me never thought about the fact that it was because it was always in my system, duh! In the days after the last time I took oxy it was sheer hell. I thought for sure I would die from the pain and I wanted to just get more like it was more important than food. Then I saw an episode of celebrity rehab (of all things lol) and there was just one sentence that clicked with me. Dr. Drew was talking about how when people come off stuff they are in physical pain because their body is tricking them into thinking they need more. I already knew that but hearing it that one time helped me to feel angry at the pills instead of wanting more. I know you feel like hell but try to keep in mind that you can get through it and the way you feel right now is temporary. I wish Dr's took addiction more seriously and looked into things more carefully. If they did there would be a lot less people getting hooked on pills.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I've only used it in short spurts (kidney stones), but I'm very very cautious. I'm so glad I read about it before I ever put it in my body. I'm so sorry your physician didn't know better.

Thankfully, I was able to warn my "normie" DH about it when it was prescribed to him for chronic back pain. He too was told it was "safe."