Notices

I am new here and want to say Hello1

Old 07-10-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am new here and want to say Hello1

Hi everyone!

I am glad I found this site! I googled some stuff and found this address.
I am currently in a very depressed state of mind and dont have anybody to talk to! I have been drinking for the last three days and cant stop. I woke up this morning with a rug burn on my face and a concussion on my head. The bruise really hurts but the scar on my face is the worse! Also, how the F did I get it? I was alone and no sex involved and the only thing I can think of is being so drunk that I fell of the bed S***y drunk! I need help!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ETA

Welcome CristinainVA.

It always scared the crap out of me to not remember. 2 weeks ago I woke up to a scrape on my shoulder, a cut on my hand and a text message from my boyfriend saying if I didn't get my drinking under control I would lose him. I don't even remember driving home.

I found this site after some google searching... I read a lot of posts on moderation (and how it's pretty much impossible to do) and posts from folks who went through/are going through a lot of the things I have. Lots of good advice and support - I haven't had a drink since.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome. Sounds like you have had a wake-up call. Coming here is a great first step. Step two--put down the drink.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome!

As said above, the best thing to do would be to put down the bottle.
I, too, had blackouts and don't remember bar fights I was in, how I got home and much more.

It doesn't have to be this way. There are many support groups to help, and, coming here is a big first step.

Please stop now. Believe me, it only gets worse.

Best to you.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery, that can be the last morning you ever have to experience that, dump the rest out and quit today. You will never regret it.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Christina

SR has certainly helped me - you'll find a lot of support and encouragement here.

Have you thought of face to face support too? A lot of ppl here seem to get a lot from ike AA or SMART or some other recovery group

D
Old 07-10-2011, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Christina! You have come to the right place. We all have woke up not remembering and feeling ashamed and disgusted. You are safe here and accepted here. Trust that you can do it. Fear is a big part of quitting...it is truly a leap of faith.

I had to study about it, think about it for a long time before I was ready to quit. I quit for about 30 days last year and started back drinking thinking I could do controlled drinking. Like others before me, I found out that doesn't work for those with addiction. Anyway, that experience has helped me prepare for quitting this year.

Don't give up. If you have a slip up or you are not ready just yet, keep considering it. Think about quitting all the time. Every time you drink think about quitting.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR
Old 07-10-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.