Notices

4 days

Old 07-04-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face 4 days

i havent had a drink in 4 days. I plan on attending my 1st AA meeting tomorrow. I know i have a lot to work on, and i know its not going to be easy. At certain points in my life i feel like i have hit rock bottom, but i havent. Ive come close, very very close....but i have never gone to jail and lost my freedome from drinking. And at this point in my life why chance any of that happening now.

Someone has been def watching over me. Now its time for me to take care of myself. Its time for me to realize that i do have a problem. I cant go out and just have a drink or two. There are so many times i have woken up and not even remember how i got there. It amazes me how many nights i drove home and god knows i shouldnt have been behind the wheel.

Im done caring about what the "local" bar hoppers think of me...even though i know i acted like a complete ass and was kicked out and wasnt allowed back into any bar. I still feel embarrassed. Like i want to hide under a rock for a very long time. I hate when i spend money and i cant even remember if i had a good time or not.

Im ready for a change, and its nice to know im not alone.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery, it sounds like you have made a decision. Great for you I hope we can be here for some support for you along the way.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

You'll find lots of support here.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 07-04-2011, 11:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Great start coming here it helps me a lot. Sounds like your making a good choice for you

Congrats on four days and let them keep adding up, come back and post your updates I look foward to reading your progress

I myself am on day 14 and lovin it. Even it is hard. I also went to AA for the first time and since I have gone 9 meetings in 10 days. It has helped for then I could say,specially since it made me realize it is really possible with that support
Old 07-05-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on four days, that's a great start.
And, no, you are not alone. You may have made it past the worst part of drinking. Day four was always a killer for me.
I would always feeel better, than go on another binge.

Good going, and best to you.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

proud to say i made it thru july 4th holiday with out one drink....in the past 5 years i cant even remember 4th of july...only thru pics that were taken. it was a nice feeling.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Good for you on the holiday I made it also . Sure feels good I hope you enjoyed it also