Notices

Is its not one thing..its another

Old 06-21-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Is its not one thing..its another

I just got an investigation notice from the county of social services claiming I commited fraud and collected benefits not entitled to me.
The dates on there are from when I was locked up. How did I collect benefits if I was in jail and they knew it? Doesnt make sense. And they have evidence from my employer last year I worked there 2mos. BUt was out for a month of that for medical. The employer submitted check payments that I know are BS. I was out on med leave for the last month. SO how the heck did I get a pay check?
I am calling legal aid tomorrow. It just never seems to end. I am not worried because I know I did nothign wrong. And the dates after the the employer and the date just before my jail time I reported I has started working and even wrote letters to social services telling them so and to close my cases. Which they did. I had to reapply when I got out of jail.
I just dont understand where all those dates came from.
WTF is going on anymore? It seems like when I finally get to where I am ready to finally do something good to help myself and actually start to take steps in doing so. Something always pops up to mess with me.
I am constantly being tested. I am sur ealot of you can relate.
Crazy
Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If there is no proof that you cashed these checks than they have nothing on you, right?
A friend of mine received a social security check she shouldn't have...if it is not cashed or it is mailed back they can not do anything. Even though this friend had cancelled her benefits they still sent a check -why? because usually in the system the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
If you have proof of jailtime and proof of not receiving benefits than its just a matter of unraveling the red tape. No?
It's always something....I know.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Life sure gets complicated when we get sober Trish - but I suspect it was pretty complicated before - we just didn't notice.

Hope everything gets sorted quickly.

D
Old 06-21-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Just keep a clear mind (youknow drug free) and do what you need then let it go.