Notices

The Rocky RollerCoaster: Day 13 of Sobriety

Old 05-21-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Rocky RollerCoaster: Day 13 of Sobriety

Hello Day 13 (of sobriety).... Nice to meet you.

I've heard about you over the last 20 years -- but I'm afraid to say, I never wanted to meet you. And look at us now. We're fast becoming friends! Ha. You were always GEEKY to me... nerdy. A little too straight and proper.

I like a little partying (well, A LOT OF PARTYING), and yes a lot of laughter...

I WANT FUNNNNN! (And I still do....) But now I see, Day 13, I need to seek out a new kind of fun. (And I have faith I'll find it -- but right now it's hidden somewhere below a NYC sewer. Uck. Now easy to find... Help!)

It's sort of strange now that you and I are becoming friends to feel allllll these new emotions that I've been batting down with my former friend Shiraz, or Pinot Grigio. And even Anger has been bubbling up! Whoa -- who knew a 110-pound chick like me has all that in her. Phew.

And then take this morning -- what the hell was all that crying about? Could somebody tell me? Have I become a WACK-A-DOO and now explode in all sorts of these new emotions. Jeez. Granted, it only lasted a minute -- and there's a LOT going on in my life regarding FINANCIAL FEARS....

So THIS is what you feel like on Day 13. Interesting.

Oh yes -- that dream the other night -- you know, the one where I was actually drinking! Hell! Please don't do that to me again. Tell me that when you DREAM ABOUT DRINKING during your day-counting-days of sobriety-THAT THAT DOESN'T COUNT, DOES IT?

Sleep has been better... yes.
Running has been easier... yes.
Clarity has been fabulous... yes...
Confidence (due to clarity) is high... yes.

That's just four reasons to be grateful.

I'm liking you, Day 13 -- way more than Day 1 and Day 2 and Day 3...

In fact with all that good stuff going on, I'm even THINKING about those 12 Steps. I think I'm getting ready to look at that list. I'm still wrapping my head around the Serenity Prayer.

But if I made it to Day 13, then maybe anything is possible. Even Day 14.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Congrats on 13 days! Day 14 is very nice too, you will like them.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there!

Great post! I'm only at day 8 and I feel better in so many ways but still itch a bit.

Go to AA! Check it out - that is if you haven't. It wasn't at all what I thought it would be like. I find that the women's groups are for me at this point. And then I have a smaller group that is mixed that I'm okay with too. I've already made some good friends that I went out to lunch with today.

I haven't had any drinking dreams yet. Hummmmm That should be most interesting or NOT.

I have had mood swings but they are fewer by the day.

I just feel better and after years of hang-overs and embarrassment I'll take anything other than drinking. I'm so over it. I need to hold on to this feeling and remember it every day.

Welcome!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hi my first post, been a heavy drinker and partier since I was a teenager now I am 39.
Just started trying quite this year. Right now I am tryin to go on day 5, I feel like I goin nuts shaking,sweating , heart race like I dont know, did not sleep for 3 days till yesterday.I felt like was on some kind of acid and having a heart attack at the same time till laid down and crashed for 12 hours. felt great to sleep but back to feeling like I goin isane just trying to try to breath and relax and get this part over, then figure out the rest cause never been sober before sorry to ramble and thank you for this site.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post Brette and congrats on 13 days!

1undone congrats on 8 days!

Inda congrats on 5 days!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I totally know what you mean Inda -- lots of physical changes. I'm trying to run to get through it... ANYTHING that makes you sweat!