Notices

Suboxone Trap

Old 05-19-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone Trap

I have been on Suboxone for over two years and recently failed at an attempt to wean to 1 mg and jump. I am currently on one mg yet when the time to jump(with doc's approval) I failed. I am the Mother of two and I feel I traded one addiction for another. This stuff makes me a zombie and I feel no zest for life. I am an artist and all creativity is gone but most importantly I feel I could be a better Mother with out this stuff. The problem lies in having to function and take care of my children while in w/d. There is no one but me and no where they could go. I need a plan as I could not handle the w/d for more then three days and do what I HAVE to do on a daily basis.I needed to bring them to many events at school and ortho appts, ect. I have read some about tapers but I want to know how you other Mama's do it. I feel so alone and depressed. I hate this stuff. I know it helps some but it has done little for me. I wished I had stopped long ago. Is there anyone out there that can help? How do I taper from here and function? Thanks for any suggestions. I am new here and alone alot of the time. I am also recovering from anorexia which is how my little problem began....I sure you all can fill in the blanks. Thanks again.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi littlepaperdoll I hope you can get this message as I'm new to this site as well. I took Subox for 3 and 1/2 yrs! It's bad medicine. I'm on day 9 now without any, coming down from 1 mg for 6 days. I am a 54 yr old woman that has has addiction problems since I was 15! I am on valium and pot, only thing that seems to help me right now. I have never been strong willed and I commend you for being able to run your babies here and there. I haven't been in my car for almost 2 weeks! I do however have a good support system being my husband and a couple close friends, but sometimes even THAT won't help! Honey all I can say is you will and CAN get thru this. Please just think positive and keep mind over matter close at hand. I have never been that strong til now! This is something we need to go thru in order to be stronger. Keep a journal too. That helps, when you go back and read it. I have hidden my problem THIS TIME from my daughter who is literally a miracle child and almost 18. She is so against drugs, cigarettes, etc. It's wonderful. So I have the mind set that going thru my life of addiction I have produced a wonderful little person! ) She is my life. Had it not been for her coming along, I know I would have been into the biggest demon drug of all being heroin! Bless you sweetie.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Suboxone Trap

I hope you get this too as I am trying to figure this site out.Congrats.That is a huge accomplishment. Can you tell me what you are going through? This drug is the devil but I can not turn back the clock. Thank you for taking time to respond as I am feeling so anxious and desperate. The doc never tells you what hell you will pay for the time you were on subs, not to mention side effects which I have had severe gi issues and major weight loss which was not good considering the anorexia. How are you on day six with nothing? I will be thinking of you and thank you for your suggestions. Our children are wonderful motivators. I do think the withdrawl from subs is awful. How are you managing? I can not thank you enough for posting a reply. You are a strong women we just have a hard time seeing the good within. God bless you and keep all your motivators in mind sweetie! Keep in touch and let me know how it is going. Peace, love and light and I will try the journal and try to keep the end goal in sight which is to be free from any substances at all.Once again thank you and I know you will do this...you are doing it!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you considered getting a second medical opinion littlepaperdoll?
I think that's the best thing to do if you feel your Dr is not listening to you.

We also have a sub forum for sub users you and may want to check out
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

We do ask that you respect those who are using subs and finding it useful tho.

Welcome to SR to both you guys
D