Notices

I dont know what my problem is...

Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I dont know what my problem is...

Hello to All,
I have been sober for 17 days. I go to meetings when ever I can (night shift work), and spent a lot of time here on SR. A few days into my sobriety I was having very weird dreams. I woke to a cold sweat. I chaulked it all up to withdrawls. Things were getting better for awhile. Then about 3 days ago I started having panic attacks. I woke three times in one night scared to death. And Im bummed out. House is a mess, dishes in the sink...I just cant seem to get it togather. My question is has anyone else felt like this? How long is it going to last? Any hints, tips, suggestions to get out of this rut?
Old 05-17-2011, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes.. Hints?????? really easy ..

All the stuff that is happening to you is NORMAL

Do you want to stop drinking and screwing up your life??????

You asked for hints.

One hint is .....>DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO GET CLEAR OF IT>

you also said

Suggestions

My suggestion is to

1 see your doctor and be HONEST

2 Stay on the forum

3 Do whatever it takes to make you life amazing

4 No matter what your head tells you ...It is all lies

It is such a simple formula ...

IF YOU DONT DRINK AND GET PISSED> LIFE GETS BETTER

thats it
no ambiguity

If Lip (that is me) does not drink , my life gets better

IT HAS

After a few short weeks

Trust people here

Anna, Newings, reggiewayne..Reset Dee, emeraldrose
Ryanred

They are just a few of the good people here

talk to them

post them on a private message

they will return you email and chat about themselves

We are all so similar

Im proud of you

Well done

L
Old 05-17-2011, 01:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ca**swholesale

88 days sober. I had horrible panic attacks and drinking dreams, and found out that during a panic attack i stop and breathe and say the serenity prayer and also ask my higher power whom i call god to please grant me some serenity in this moment of fear. I carry a big book and daily reflections with me all the time and open the big book to any random page and read. This seems to get me out of my head for the moment. As for my drinking dreams, sweats and seizures for me they finally pretty much disappeared around the 60 or 70 day mark. I stepped up my meetings to 2 a day about a month ago and i am clean and sober now for 88 days , one day at a time. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn't here so i deal with today, one day at a time. Hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberDreams

Lipitor had a good point there. See a Dr and be honest. When I first started trying to get sober I faced the age old question, similar to the chicken and egg. What came first? Do I drink because I'm depressed, or am I depressed because I drink?!? I found out it is both. Sometimes those crazy thoughts and feelings can't go away with just positive surroundings and feelings, though they sure as hell help. Sometimes we need that extra bit of help, even in sobriety, to keep our brains from sabotaging us from thinking such nonsense. In my case, I did anyway. All the meetings and exercise in the world weren't going to cure my depression. The pill the doc prescribed though seems to help, and provided I don't drink with it, I don't feel like a zombie...
Old 05-17-2011, 03:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know your drinking history with regard to amount and duration, but most of the things you describe get better with time. Sometimes when you are dealing with this stuff time doesn't go fast enough.

I second the advice to see a Doctor and be honest.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Please go to the Dr. Be 150% honest with him. i see you go to AA. do you have a sponsor?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lip, Seth, Carrs-Im a little nervous about trading one substence for another. I will go to the doctor tomorrow morning. Is it easy to get off from the anti-depressents? I havent been depressed before (?). All I know is that I DONT want to start drinking again. If I go back down that road, I dont think I will find my way back this time.

Zebra-Been drinking about 20 yrs. Last year got real bad. About 3 fifths of vodka a week + beer. This year about one or two half gallons every 2 weeks.

Okla- I have been going to every meeting I can get myself to. I dont have a sponser and not sure how to go about getting one. Do I just say at the meeting that I am serious about being powerless to alcohol and wondering if anyone will be a sponser? Do I select a sponser? Do I wait to be asked?

Thank you All.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes I have felt that way, it was horrible and I was so scared when it happened to me. Take these peoples advice when they tell you to go and see someone like a doctor or someone you can trust to help you through it.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

3Steeds -

At the AA meeting, just ask someone who you admire if they will be your sponsor. Or when it comes time to share, come clean just like you did in your post "I am serious about sobriety and I need a sponsor".

Good Luck