New and lost

Old 05-14-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and lost

New and lost
My bf is addict.. And is not in recovery , he is actively using. I just recently asked him to move out, the drug abuse and fighting had gotten out I'd control. I have been going to Alanon off and on god 2 years and made a committmwnt to myself to stay this time.. I have been going since 2/1/11 and have a sponsor. My life is getting better as just allow god in... My question here is my addict went on binge of some sort, and for the last week has been acting like a parnoid schziphrenic, I've prayed and I've just let it be what it is , because I got emotional today when he called he proceed to tell me I've relapsed in Alanon, I was being true to my feelings .. Thoughts ?? Fro
anyone would be great who might have been in same situtian?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Danielle1 View Post
New and lost
My bf is addict.. And is not in recovery , he is actively using. I just recently asked him to move out, the drug abuse and fighting had gotten out I'd control. I have been going to Alanon off and on god 2 years and made a committmwnt to myself to stay this time.. I have been going since 2/1/11 and have a sponsor. My life is getting better as just allow god in... My question here is my addict went on binge of some sort, and for the last week has been acting like a parnoid schziphrenic, I've prayed and I've just let it be what it is , because I got emotional today when he called he proceed to tell me I've relapsed in Alanon, I was being true to my feelings .. Thoughts ?? Fro
anyone would be great who might have been in same situtian?
YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. lIES ARE THE LANGUAGE OF PRACTICING ADDICTS.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He is not in recovery or NA/AA so how would he have any idea about your not following your program? He was deflecting his lack of commitment to recovery onto you.

Going to a program doesn't mean you aren't allowed to have emotions. Quite the opposite in fact.

You are doing ok.

Hang in there
Old 05-14-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you .. I just needed that reassurance
Old 05-14-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

honey, youre doing just fine....I remember my NA/As was always saying "you need help and lots of it" so i did, i went to AL ANON...he kept saying it....then he left....i guess it was not working for him anymore...LOL

you are on the good track of getting to know YOU and get well...you make your recovery...YOURS...
maybe its time to have detachments with him?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Run away, fast as you can. Find a new guy who will not take all your money, time and effort and never change.

And run away before there is a child binding you to him for the rest of your life.

Or stay, and spend the next 30 years hoping for change that never comes. Well, never is harsh. He could be one of the .001% who are capable of changing.

They lie when the truth works. It is what they do. They can not stop it. Their world is all about them. Not you. Never you first. Never. Always them first. Everytime.

My jaded point of view here comes from a 20+ year marriage. And mine only drinks wine. No drugs. So I've had a much smaller dose of what you can look forward to. And I'd not wish even what I've had on anyone. Well, that one arsewhole boss. I wish he had a miserable marriage. But he's the only one.

Did I mention runaway? Yes, I think I did.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I second that. I wasted 3.5 yrs off and on with an alcoholic. Thank god I didn't marry him.

Originally Posted by zrx1200R View Post
Run away, fast as you can. Find a new guy who will not take all your money, time and effort and never change.

And run away before there is a child binding you to him for the rest of your life.

Or stay, and spend the next 30 years hoping for change that never comes. Well, never is harsh. He could be one of the .001% who are capable of changing.

They lie when the truth works. It is what they do. They can not stop it. Their world is all about them. Not you. Never you first. Never. Always them first. Everytime.

My jaded point of view here comes from a 20+ year marriage. And mine only drinks wine. No drugs. So I've had a much smaller dose of what you can look forward to. And I'd not wish even what I've had on anyone. Well, that one arsewhole boss. I wish he had a miserable marriage. But he's the only one.

Did I mention runaway? Yes, I think I did.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The lies never have stopped, and I have to say I found myself telling them
too in the past , to avoid a fight that would last for days.. full of Im sorry, I started learning to say what I thought will make it less complicated and then I
might be able to sleep that night without a 3-4 hour emotional beating .
Old 05-15-2011, 07:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN