Notices

I think I feel it...

Old 05-14-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think I feel it...

I think I feel the moment of clarity (sobriety) and eventually Im back to the fog of an addict so stressful. I'm finding that to find a distraction is harder the. Seems hard then sounds sticking with it haven't taking a sub since thursday night trying to stay strong
Old 05-14-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What is a sub? I'm only on day two and have been to two meetings. My mind is all over the place. Have you been to any meetings or have support?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A sub is a suboxone it's to take away the opiAte withdraw symptoms. I havent been to any meetings because I have no car right now but getting one next Friday
Old 05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have little experience with opiates (taken them, but my primary substance is alcohol and for a long time cocaine), but trying to get through the first few days alone is a scary thought! I know that when I let myself isolate and don't talk through the junk going through my head then the junk takes over and becomes seemingly impossible to deal with then BOOM I'm drunk again.
My experience in and out of the rooms of NA and AA is that people will give you rides whenever you want. They do care and it's not imposing on them. Maybe open the phone book and find the local AA or NA number and at least talk to someone, if not get picked up and taken to a meeting until you have your own transportation?