Notices

This Must Be It.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This Must Be It.

The spiritual awakening everyone talks about. I can't explain it adequately in words. Something greater than myself. God? Could be. But there is something guiding me, not merely my own willpower. It's almost as if I'm seeing everything for the first time, for what it truly is. I feel right, whole, complete. I'm so overwhelmed with emotion I can barely form words, but this is a good internal battle. I was driving down the same highway I drive down everyday and suddenly it looked completely new. I was in awe of the world around me. It's just a highway, but it looked new to me.

Living in the moment has never felt more real than right now. I hope I don't sound too crazy. But even if I do, this is right. I feel awakened-a rejuvenated sense of being.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

That's it, Howdy! That's what it's all about..........whether you call it God, spirituality, love, being "one" with the universe, living in the now, etc. etc........ it doesn't matter. What's meaningful is the experience - not the terminology.

It's wonderful to feel connected, isn't it? I find that it comes and goes in my life, but I can nurture it by living in the present moment, and accepting/trusting what is. (have you ever read the Power of Now?)

It's easy to fall back into worry and fear, and the constant chatter of our brains, which takes us away from that connection, but once you know what is it, you at least know where you're going!

Thanks for sharing your experience - it's totally NOT crazy at all!!!:ghug3
Old 05-14-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

keep this moment in your heart. You can draw power from it when you need it
Old 05-14-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jil

Hi Howdy12! I don't think you sound crazy, I think what you're going through is special and something I desire.

I'd like to ask you if this feeling came from working the 12 step program? Or from some other form of treatment? Thanks
Old 05-14-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds great!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BHF

Congrats, and please, do go into greater detail about what you believe triggered this feeling of serenity? I've yet to achieve the same and am curious as to the experiences of others.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I haven't worked through the 12 steps yet but for weeks I've been sober and struggling with the third step of accepting a higher power to help me.

I went to a party with one of my very good AA friends and the whole time I was sort of struggling with not drinking. Once we left the party she talked about how much of a relief it is to feel sober and how her higher power changes everyday. I'm not sure if it was the party that triggered it but I suddenly felt relieved. I had been future-tripping hard earlier in the day about a friend but suddenly it didn't matter. It would all work out. My friend that I was worried about contacted me today and everything is okay between us, I know that's something bigger than me that made that happen.

Had I been in my normal, "I can control this situation completely" mindset she never would have called me to talk. It's a small thing but, I don't know why, I just let go and admitted I can only control what I do.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I wish I had a better explanation for you guys that are asking. It just sort of happened unexpectedly...but talking to someone in person who has been through it before was an eye opener. If I hadn't listened to my friend talk about her experience getting sober I probably wouldn't have seen it.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're sounding good Howdy

D