Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

I am feeling wonderful and love my life and feel like myself again.

I am feeling wonderful and love my life and feel like myself again.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool I am feeling wonderful and love my life and feel like myself again.

All the pain and suffering before was worth these days I have lived. Contentment.

I love my job and do it with passion and interact with my coworkers in a very peaceful manner. We often joke, I learn a great deal, and feel I am valued more than before. I also feel more motivated to go after some pending trainings I have. I am even dressing more professionally, taking myself more seriously. All because I finally know I am smart. It sank in!! YAY!!

I have made some new friends. I am getting excited about doing things like: painting, taking cooking classes, watching some movies, a yoga+surf trip, trip to meet my niece and be with my family! even dumb things like wearing my new white Cuban hat!

I went to 2 kick boxing classes today and I loved the feeling of tending to my body and getting the stress out and also looking fashionable in my sportswear. I just took a bath and am feeling so relaxed and happy!

I feel I am more honest now than I ever was, and I love this feeling. I struggle with comparisons to other women but I have a stronger voice now that tells me I am myself, and no one will ever be like me, and that's all. I matter.

I also feel way better since I choose my friends and contacts more wisely. I interact with healthier people and it feels great to feel that someone else gets me, and really knows me, and realizes my qualities.

I also realize this city has many good looking men.

I have felt loved, I have felt capable, I have felt free, I have felt happy and there is some lighter quality that I feel in my demeanor that I know comes from all the inner work I have done. I am actually looking forward to MY life. YAY!!!!!

I am loving these last days, have laughed A LOT, have less stress in my life, and I don't want to go anywhere else nor be someone else but me. Its FUN being me. I am liking this character. I also started to seek comedies, by radio and host shows and youtube and movie rentals, I realized I had cried many years and now its time to laugh hysterically I do that very well!

Ah the freedom, the independence... I would have never thought I could enjoy my days so much... and I am not superhappy all the time or anything... but I have many more tools to handle situations I face... am able to smell the roses now.. funny how, when we let go we get our own energy back.. and I am not sure why I was clinging so much, because letting go has brought me much better things and people to my life.

I am not sure why I was running from myself because I am realizing I am a really good person !! LOL! with many qualities and a life ahead of me...

I am so thankful I am no longer THAT codependent..... oh no, that is a cage I don't ever want to go back to. It has been enough, now. Its time to LIVE, and ENJOY. What a concept.

Thanks for letting me share. I am so grateful for your ongoing support, only been like 3 years since I was almost suicidal. WTF!! seems light years away. Thank God. I feel so blessed now I am almost in tears.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Present

thanks for sharing your relief and happiness.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Old 05-06-2011, 02:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Love them anyway...

Thanks for sharing your freedom, its sets others free.
namaste
Old 05-06-2011, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Girl, you have no idea how much I needed this today. I, unlike you, have not been maintaining good spiritual or physical health and am pretty jacked.

That's why I came back here today. And viola! Here is the glorious and beautiful TC, speaking the truth and urging me back to a healthy place. Thank you.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i'm so happy to read that you feel good about yourself...very inspirational...thanks!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

THANK YOU!!! Love this post.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes my friend, there you are in all your beauty!!
It's like waiting for the contents of a cocoon to finally break free and emerge in colorful brilliance.

It's all your doing.
It's all your work shining through.
It's amazing to see you in all your dimensions, oh and I bet that hat is stunning!
You are full of emotion, creativity, wisdom, laughter, sorrow, compassion, and confidence all managed with a wonderfully positive outlook.

Thank you for being here and sharing your recovery with all of us.

I am delighted to have been here on your journey.

I applaud you!

Alice
Old 05-06-2011, 11:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Someone once told me that recovery is like an archeological excavation. You chip away tiny bits at a time, carefully brushing the dust away, exposing one partial segment of your true self little by little. It's painstaking and sometimes frustrating work. But, eventually, you unearth the treasure you knew was there all along.

I'm so happy you've unearthed so many of your treasures. Thanks for sharing them with us.

L
Old 05-06-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Aw, I LOVE a good recovery post!! There are good days and bad days... and I absolutely LOVE reading about the good days on here. It's the motivation I need to keep putting one foot in front of the other....

The reward (my HAPPINESS!!!) is sooooo worth it.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Way to go. Feeling good is good.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Thank you so much for sharing this.
It made me happy, just reading it.
You are doing great!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
I have a stronger voice now that tells me I am myself, and no one will ever be like me, and that's all. I matter.
Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
I have felt loved, I have felt capable, I have felt free, I have felt happy and there is some lighter quality that I feel in my demeanor that I know comes from all the inner work I have done. I am actually looking forward to MY life. YAY!!!!!
Thank you for sharing, TC.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Awesome post. I needed that. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just AWESOME! I'm so happy for you! Thank you.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm so so so truly happy for you!!! Great job
Old 05-07-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'll join the chorus--NICE POST.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you are seeing the sunny side of life. For a while I thought I was the only one who was doing well...

Thanks for sharing, and keep it up!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This made me smile, TC. Thank you for sharing. It is very inspirational!