Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

I am feeling wonderful and love my life and feel like myself again.

I am feeling wonderful and love my life and feel like myself again.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks all for your support!! ((HUGS))

Some moments still suck, some defeating thoughts still suck, some old behaviors still suck. But I guess the thing is that I have nurtured my "center" and have focused a lot in spirituality (I like Zen books).

I have asked HP for help and guidance and clarity. And it has been given to me. I trust HP a little more now. I guess I have become more humble. One time after another I realize now how HP has saved me.

Now I have a "safe place" within. Something I always needed...... so glad I can build it for myself now, and its up to no one else but me to tend to this "inner garden". Its mine and no one else but me, HP, and everything that is beautiful, is allowed.

One of the Zen masters said "It is not walking on water or on fire, the real miracle is walking on this Earth".
Old 05-14-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Well all the week sucked for some reason, but today I feel great again!!!!!! It seems like Saturday is my day....

Went to kickboxing, then to a mall to buy gifts for my gym instructors (today is Teacherīs day here), and am now doing the laundry, cleaning my apartment which is a MESS.

Reconnected with a friend. I realized I really enjoy the company of other artists.

Bought a salsa CD and I am now a happy woman while driving! I really like salsa!!

So happy to get new chances. Today is a new day!!

I feel great knowing even when days can suck and there can be tough moments, they also pass!! and without them I wouldnīt be able to enjoy this wonderful peace and hope I am feeling at the moment.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

glad to hear today was another great day-- i'm envious of your kickboxing class! i have a few kickboxing dvd's that i love but there are no classes near me... it's by far my favorite workout!

hope tomorrow is a good day too!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Now I am angry. LOL. Well everything went well until the neighbor's party started and a coworker called me to help him out with an urgency at work. So I am working while hearing drunk people. SHEESH.

The good news is that I have worked 4 hours now so I will work less on Monday. No more workaholic martyr for me thanks.

Anyway I put on my headphones and now I am happier. I also got another option: leave. But hopefully they will go to a bar soon and peace will reign again.

Tomorrow its yoga at 10 AM....

WTB thanks, maybe ask gyms nearby to list interested people? I know they open classes if there is demand.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I feel wonderful again!

Its incredible how better life gets!!!

Still have my days and my moments but I feel wonderful, always thought it was depression, took antidepressants, etc and well it took a good therapist to realize I CAN feel better without needing meds.

Between: inner work, talking more with my mom and sister, throwing myself into the arts (interesting books, painting, watching all kinds of movies, concerts, theater, reading articles, documentaries about artists etc..), concentrating on my job and doing it from a place of gratitude I have one, gym+pilates+box+kickboxing+yoga+and now swimming, eating what I like and makes me feel good (went vegan again.. well almost, I also eat fish), taking vitamins, resorting to alternative therapeis, cleansing rituals with water and flowers, meeting new people, making plans for myself......

I am very very happy and grateful with my life! Since I stopped identifying with the victim role my life has become much better. I feel so excited and grateful I gave myself the chance to live life as I always knew it could be for me...

I could have spent my whole life in a dark place, bitter and isolated from bad things and bad people yes but also missing so much that is good.

It gets so much better !!! I love being the kind of person that can be happy with simple things, now that I surround myself with beauty (went to some wonderful hot springs today and am very relaxed) I realize being sensible and sensitive can be a great quality to have, once I tune in to a higher frequency, hang out with people capable of sharing from the heart, go to places that make me feel good and just "step out there" open to what HP sends..

I am not as angry as before and moving more into acceptance/letting go of the past...

I hope the people that are suffering today realize its all in our hands, to feel better... to heal...