Notices

positive changes?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question positive changes?

Hi all! I had a question I was hoping someone out there in the great abyss could answer. I know when people quit smoking they give you a pamphlet that talks about all of the positive changes that happen physically... like after 20 minutes your blood pressure gets lower, after such amount of time your circulation is better in your body and they keep going month to month until it's up to 25 years or something where your body is healed enough it's almost like you've never smoked. Does anybody know of anything like that for giving up drinking? It was always really helpful to me to realize that even though I wanted a cigarette, my body was healing itself at that moment.

Does anyone know anything about that?
Old 03-22-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Good question........ I've never seen a list though.

I do know that after I quit, my blood pressure went down, my skin got clearer, and I got better sleep (except the first week or two). At 4 months, my energy was better than it had been for years. Alcohol affects the brain, liver and heart, too, so there's definitely a lot of healing that goes on once we're sober.

Everyone's recovery is a little different of course, depending on how much and how long they drank and their general health.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would love to see the smoking list...lol...I quit that the same day I quit alcohol