Notices

Multitaking- FAIL

Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Multitaking- FAIL

So I was walking my dog and reading posts on SR on my phone at the same time, thinking how brilliant I am for getting so much stuff done at the same time this morning, and I walked right smack into a street sign. Ouch. So much for multitasking.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for the morning LOL
Old 03-22-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lol well just say sober March. Sorry about your luck with the street sign
Old 03-22-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hilarious! That's me to a tee March. I always thought of myself as a multi-tasker. Now I think I might have undiagnosed ADHD. I'm 50 years old. Nobody diagnosed ADHD when I was a kid, so we just learned to live with it, and some of us thrived with it. I became a successful lawyer and moderately successful athlete, while also raising and supporting a family. Only my partner knew that I was also a classic high functioning alcoholic with stress, anxiety and personal issues up the ying yang.

I'm still an intense, hyper-active, multi-tasking guy, but now that I'm sober (31 days today) I am much more efficient and (according to my wife) a much nicer guy to be around. I'm learning to accept who I am and that I don't need booze to release the stress that I often lay on myself.

All the best my fellow multi-tasking addict!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LOL! Hope you're fine. If you have an i-phone I think there is an app that lets you use the phone while you can "see" what's in front of you.

I am the same way: while cooking, I'll be doing laundry, talking on the phone, etc. Makes me crazy and often results in burnt food.

You're also an "all or nothing" too.

Seems to be a trait to be ramped up. I think that's why any form of depressants are attractive.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ha ha yes, I have an iPhone- what's that app? Lol although maybe I should just stick to listening to my headphones while walking the dog. It's a good thing I wasn't also chewing gum or there could have been some real trouble.

This got me to thinking though- in college my roomate and I used to drive to school together and she would always complain- "can't you just DRIVE? Why do you have to also be drinking a diet coke, smoking a cigarette, talking on your cellphone and applying mascara!?"

I think there is more to this, and it probably relates to my struggle with sobriety in some way, but I'll think about it later- right now I'm posting on SR, answering work emails, talking on the phone and getting ready for a work meeting while watching the news and feeding my dog. Heehee.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LOL Sounds like me too! Thanks for the chuckle this morning. Have a great day!

:rotfxko
Old 03-22-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by March7 View Post
Ha ha yes, I have an iPhone- what's that app? Lol although maybe I should just stick to listening to my headphones while walking the dog. It's a good thing I wasn't also chewing gum or there could have been some real trouble.

This got me to thinking though- in college my roomate and I used to drive to school together and she would always complain- "can't you just DRIVE? Why do you have to also be drinking a diet coke, smoking a cigarette, talking on your cellphone and applying mascara!?"

I think there is more to this, and it probably relates to my struggle with sobriety in some way, but I'll think about it later- right now I'm posting on SR, answering work emails, talking on the phone and getting ready for a work meeting while watching the news and feeding my dog. Heehee.
Oh it's actually for walking and texting:

Enter Walk n Type. This is a iPhone application available at the app store for $0.99. The basic feature of the app is that whenever your typing anything on you iPhone it will display whats in front of you by using the camera present on the phone’s front end.

This works with everything, Tweetdeck, Safari and all apps that support Copy-Paste.