Notices

Positive Change For a Change!

Old 03-06-2011, 02:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Positive Change For a Change!

I'm feeling very spiritually fit these days and recently have been put into situations where I am able to help others. I know this is what the program is all about ultimately, and before in my drinking and using days I was so selfish and self-centered that helping anyone else with anything was the last thing I thought about. I and others are seeing these changes in me and I believe I've finally reached the point of the spiritual experience (you should read Appendix II in the Big Book on it to fully understand it if you have yet to). No, this did not happen in almost two months which is how much time I have this time around. I had 7 months before I relapsed but I never lost what I had gained in the program over that time, just picked myself back up out of the hole and quickly got myself back up to Step 9 where I had left off. I feel I have worked the steps to best of my ability when before I kinda skimped on a few of them. It does get easier guys, just hang in there and take it one day at a time. The difference in the quality of life is just amazing, it really is a miracle. I came into the program atheist and you'll hear old timers talking about faking it til you make it. That is literally what I had to do as I felt no response to prayer for the longest while and didn't believe even though I wanted something to cling onto so badly. But one day things will click and everything fell into place, and instead of wallowing in my self pity I realized that the things happening to me in my life even while sober that seemed so horrible really had a positive reason for happening. I'll stop rambling now, I just feel so good finally about my life and the changes and direction I'm heading that I wanted to share.

KEEP COMING BACK GUYS! IT DOES GET EASIER! FROM ONE ALCOHOLIC/ADDICT TO ANOTHER, I DO PROMISE THIS IS TRUE!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Great post jhay! And congrats on your sober time!

I've always had a spiritual life, but found myself totally cut off from it while drinking...... it's great to get it back and it feels like the "real" me.....

So happy for you that you've seen such positive change in your life and a new sense of purpose. That's what it's all about!
Old 03-06-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for writing such a life affirming, positive post! You made my day
Old 03-06-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very nice! Thank you.