Notices

Hi my name is Kelsey

Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi my name is Kelsey

I'm Kelsey and I'm addict. I'm new to these forums and glad I found them. My clean date is June 25th 2008. Working on my three years! I've been struggling here lately with life and haven't been able to express the issues I'm dealing with to anyone close besides my husband, but he doesn't understand this part of my life though. I was addicted to oxycodone for about 4 years and although I went through several rehabs I managed to just kick the habit one day out of nowhere on my own. I had had enough. Since I got clean I went through some major lifestyle changes. I met my husband,who is in the military, moved out of state and had a daughter. We've been married almost two years now and our daughter 1. I love my life, but this military lifestyle is leaving me feeling empty. We are due to a big change moving across country to a small island in a few months and I am scared and lonely. My husband has been gone for the past four months and I am living near family so they can spend time with my daughter before we leave for three years. I'm in my hometown, near everyone and everything that was my life before. Driving through any part of town brings back memories. I realize now that moving back here for 7 months while my husband is in training was not a great idea... maybe this is all just a test, to see how strong I am. I don't feel strong... full of anxiety and sleepless nights. I sometimes think using and how easy it would be. I hope to find a good place here to help remind me why I am clean and where I do not ever want to go again.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Welcome to SR Kelsey! You will find a lot of support here. There are quite a few military spouses on this forum. Hopefully they will see your Thread. Stick around and Post as much as you like. Let us know if you have questions.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! We are quicker to thank our soldiers for their sacrifice. I think the families need a big hug as well. You sacrifice just as much. This is a great place to be. I hope SR gives you the boost you need. It has helped me and I am very new. Give that baby girl a smooch! It's so cliche, but they grow up so fast. Mine is 9 and how I wish I had your clarity when she was little like yours.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I'm lonely I go to a meeting. I have a home group where I greet at the door. I make coffee at 2 other meetings during the week as well. I am enjoying the fellowship AA has to offer. But this is not enough, for I too have moved in sobriety and found it hard to reconnect afterward. My spiritual condition wasn't fit and I relapsed. I have found the Steps to be quite effective here. I have had the first of (hopefully) many spiritual experiences after taking step 7. It's all there, in my book. I choose a spiritual lifestyle today. I do not want to live with untreated alcoholism running my life and I don't want to die an alcoholic death.

If I might suggest, go to a meeting. Ask your Higher Power to guide you before you choose your meeting. Tell them you need a sponsor, one who works the steps out of the big book. It's humbling to do, and the hand of AA should be there for you. If not, go to another meeting and do it again. My guess is that you'll hit pay dirt on your first shot.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Kelsey...and welcome.
I have 2 boys in the military (one in Iraq & one in TX) it is not easy. My thoughts and prayers go out to you to stay strong in your hometown. Unfortunately the military dictates our lives.
I'm new to complete sobriety...glad you have made it so long! Good Job! =)
Old 02-22-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Emerald and Kelsey...forgot to say thank you for what you and your family go through so that family members can server their country. Thank you!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Congrats on your clean time. Here's a link to our substance abuse forum for you to look at. YOu'll find good company there too. I'm glad you found us.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 02-22-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Kelsey
SR made a lot of difference to me - hopefully you'll find the same.

You'll find a lot of support here

D