Hi everyone...

Old 01-31-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...

I hope you all are doing great. I have been busy with the kids, working, and planning a princess party for my daughter's 5th b-day. I have a disney princess coming. Yay for that.

I am feeling really torn over one thing though and it is my AH. He is in treatment right now and has been since 01/15. He calls me when he is able. Today he called and said he sent me a letter and that there is some stuff he wrote in the letter that he needed. Two of those things were cigarettes and $10. He did not smoke cigarettes before going into treatment but now is. I told him I would not bring him cigarettes or $10. He said ok but that he would just trade his commisary purchases for cigarettes if he had to. Ok, whatever but I am paying his commisary which is for toiletries and such.
I can't put money towards that if he is going to trade the stuff away for cigarettes. How do I tell him and am I wrong?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

please have a lovely disney christmas party for your little girl.

believe me, i know from experience, if he wants smokes, he will get them.
do not worry about him one whit.
and, if you are financing him in any way, (commissary) then stop that too.

beth
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is a state funded facility that charges on a sliding scale. They are charging him $150 a month and whatever commisary he pays for. I am paying for this. I am not going to pay for commisary anymore. I feel bad to tell him when he calls. I almost just want to say forget everything and good luck but I don't want to give up on him for the sake of the kids.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Yankee

Beautiful girl,

I am a little late on this post, I hope the Bday party is groovy & fun!! You asked how can you tell him that you are not going to put money on his commisary...I simply said just tell him exactly that. Easier said than done, I know, but after a few *no's* they do get easier. And they dont ask as much for things after a few of them either. I also agree with wicked, he will get the cigg's if he wants them, after all, he got the drugs and/or alcohol when he wanted it right?

Take care of you and keep your chin up girl!