Lonely....

Old 01-31-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lonely....

Hi Everyone,

Just having some downer days, lonelyness is getting to me. I was seeing someone but red flags were flying and that was that. If I am not careful, lonelyness can blindside me. Things snowball when I get like this, I have fear, anxiety, sadness and I don't make great choices, everything just seems doom and gloom right now. I have been searching for some night classes, but nothing is jumping out at me, well one thing is hand sign language.

I feel like Eeor from Winnie the Pooh. Now listen to me, I am having a real pitty party for myself.

Rose not feeling so Rosey!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Rose))) - I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I have those, too, but they never last. It's hard to believe that when you're in the thick of it, though.

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-01-2011, 03:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Rose, sorry your feeling lonely. Some volunteer work may be just what you need.
Prayers & Hugs
Old 02-01-2011, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Rose)))

I'm sorry you are blue, Rose, but look at you girl..here you are blue and looking for some courses to take that will be something good for YOU. You clearly saw the red flags and decided not to go another round in that game, and are taking good care of yourself. "Lonely" is better than "caught in the grips of chaos" and at least is all about "you".

Way to go!!! Your feelings are valid and normal, and will heal in time. Take care of you and the rest will all fall in place.

Hugs 'cause I'm proud of our Rose.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rose
I'm sorry that you are having a downer day. Go for that ASL (American Sign Language) class! It would keep your mind (and your hands) occupied and you'd meet new people! What a great idea!

Lots of gentle hugs to you today
Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry your not feeling so rosey~~rose. Its certainly a bummer when that happens. A class will give you something fun to do and meeting new people is always great. You never know~~someone new (may it be male or female)) may just be the answer to your down and out feelings of the day. We all go through dreary feelings and this weather doesn't help either. Winter seems to have a hold on that down feeling. HUgs~
Old 02-01-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What’s a party without inviting others, I’ve always found that when I reach out and invite others to my pity party’s my tears turn to smiles and some laughs.

When I have too much time on my hands I’m left alone with my thoughts, dangerous place to be at times, I find things to read that do not have to do with self help or addiction. I find things to organize in my life, drawers, closets, cabinets, just the other day I ended up going through my make up bag and must have throw out hundreds of dollars of old make up or one’s I tried and used once.

But the best way I get out of my own way is to fill that void with something other then my thoughts. I think a class in sign language would be so interesting. I think when spring hits I am going to look into what night classes are available here in my area, thanks for the great suggestion!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Everyone,
The sun is shining today so that alway helps. I did have a bad fall at work a couple of weeks back and rolled my ankle, nothing broken but a bad sprain, swelling and bruising, so I have been off work. Plus I walk my dogs daily and I haven't really been able to and I enjoy the outing just as much as they do. As well my sister and I are very close and she left for Mexico the day I fell and I am really missing her...she is back today. I go tomorrow for an some sort of air brace to help support and strenghten my angle, so the Dr. said it will help with walking.

I did take a course a few years back in sign language, but I everyone in there had knowledge of it, I didn't even know my abc's, plus I struggled as I write left handed but I am right handed in all other aspects, in sign language you only use one hand usually the hand that is more dominent, I was using both hands...maybe a sign that I talk to much! LOL Anyway there was a class that I should have taken before this class as to why everyone was so far advanced.

What really drew me to taking sign language is, I work in a Cafeteria at a University, I cashier, there are several hearing impared students that try so hard to communicate, I can see it is so frustrating for them and embarrassing for them as well. Just to be able to communicate in sign a Hello, Thank-you, how are you today would really make a big difference.

Rose
Old 02-01-2011, 11:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your fall I hope the brace helps you get back into your walking routine and now that your sister is back, things should start to come back together.

I think that’s awesome you want to learn sign language to communicate with those students and I agree it would make a big difference not only for them but for you too!!

I have noticed that when my normal routine is thrown out of whack I also tend to get down in the dumps. I’ve recently realized that on top of ending my relationship after 10 years, my work schedule has been crazy due to all these snow storms. My sleep schedule has been off since the break up and everything around me seems to be changing and I’m finding it hard to see where I fit in exactly, but I will keep on trying!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Loneliness is so miserable!!!! I try to remember "this too shall pass" when ever those feelings of loneliness, and need come over me. I have started to realize that these feelings usually pass if I try to see them for what they are. I don't ever want those feelings to rule my life ever again. Keep working on it I guess!!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rose;

[QUOTE
What really drew me to taking sign language is, I work in a Cafeteria at a University, I cashier, there are several hearing impared students that try so hard to communicate, I can see it is so frustrating for them and embarrassing for them as well. Just to be able to communicate in sign a Hello, Thank-you, how are you today would really make a big difference.

Rose
[/QUOTE]

Rose , what a lovely person you are.

hope you feel better very soon. hugs,
chicory
Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hi Rose,
Hopefully, by the time you read this, you'll be feeling a bit better.

Hurting your ankle and your sister leaving town that day, I think everything just snowballed on you!

What a wonderful idea to take ASL!

I can sign the word "cookie"

I always felt that was an important word to be able to sign...especially since I worked with children...lol

Hugs to you Rose.......I bet I could guess the sign for that one...
Old 02-03-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
it is what it is

hope the view from your "rose colored glasses" is brighter today - going through those times when the snowball hits is hard - it sounds like things are looking up now - you are a strong person able to recognize your situation and reach out in appropriate ways - your example is a shining light - we certainly all have those times when we are down so it's not avoiding them that is important is being able to work through them in constuctive ways that helps us as well as all those around us - blessings to you
Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Yankee

Rose, when I feel lonely (being single for 5 years now) I also get grateful. Grateful that I am just lonely and not in the relationship I was once in with my exa/fiance. This is time for me. Just as this is time for you. I hope you can think of this is as *just a minor setback*

As for the sign language class. I say go for it! I remember when I was 17 and working in a restraunt...there was a hearing impaired couple eating at one of the tables I was servicing. The lady tought me how to say *my name is tara* and I have actually had a few chances to get to use that *skill* since then. I dont know anymore than that. But I have thought about taking a class for it too. I am sure it will bring smiles to your face!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((Rose)))))

be gentle with yourself.