Notices

1st Thread I ever started...

Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st Thread I ever started...

I just wanted to post a thank you to the many people on this site who helped me reach my one year anniversary. I CANNOT believe I got here. Pure Higher Power and peeps. I can say with pride, joy and tears...I have a year!!!!!!!!!

((Amy and HenHouse)) - I don't post there frequently, but I always read it. Your stories and strength gave me hope on days I wanted to run out and score. CQ amazes me with her survival on so little. She is a hero to me. Thank you for your stories about surviving the worst of life without a crutch and relying on yourself.

((Bugsmum)) - Luv u and thank u for help during early months. I still have not been to MI, but will be up in next month to help my bro move to Northville from WL.

((Dee))- sensible advice and no BS about what we have to do. I just have to say I hate the fact you are enjoying summer right now! But, huge thanks for advice and replies at different times.

(((((TOD))))) - southern gal. Thank you thank you. I appreciate your pm's and emails. It is great having someone who is going through similar issues and relate to what I am going through.

Yes, you can make it without pain meds even when you have a back injury. I came to this place making some bad decisions. I spent money I didn't have, got electricity and cable cut off and even had to go to court on a jailable offense directly related to my addiction. It took me 7 years to figure out that I could no longer ride the opiate train without going down. I am still scared and still have to take one day at a time. Today it is almost like 5 minutes at a time. This place has played such a big part. NA too. I just felt the need to express my extreme gratitude and let others who walked in my shoes, it can be done. It took me 3 tries to get a year, BUT I DID IT!!!!

Love and peace to all here!
Court
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Court))) - WOO HOO!!!! I'm so PROUD of you!!!

I was just having a rough few moments, but you've put a really big smile on my face

You've come a long way, sweetie, and I'm so glad to be on "recovery road" with you.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
"SMART" Recoveree

I'm new here and don't know much other than what I just read.

But 1 year is BIG!

Congrats!!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I missed this post somehow so congratulations on a year. That's wonderful. And more to come for sure.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

:day6:day6
Old 01-12-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hey marshgirl thats amazin honey well done you! xxx karma
Old 01-12-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations marshgirl

D
Old 01-13-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Congratulations Marshgirl on your year clean and serene.

Keep up the great work.

TB
Old 01-14-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
little darlin'

((hey Court,))

I'm so happy for you & sooooo proud of you! You were also of great help to me when we were on our sub journey together. I'm maintaining at 1mg and feeling fantastic. I'm still working all the time, but it's good in this economy so I won't complain. My daughter and hubby are great and I hope the same is true for your son. How is he? How's school? Are you still working with the girl that was driving you crazy? Nope, not trying to play 50questions, just excited to hear from you! Keep in touch when you can.....

<3,
bugsmum