View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marshgirl

1st Thread I ever started...

I just wanted to post a thank you to the many people on this site who helped me reach my one year anniversary. I CANNOT believe I got here. Pure Higher Power and peeps. I can say with pride, joy and tears...I have a year!!!!!!!!!

((Amy and HenHouse)) - I don't post there frequently, but I always read it. Your stories and strength gave me hope on days I wanted to run out and score. CQ amazes me with her survival on so little. She is a hero to me. Thank you for your stories about surviving the worst of life without a crutch and relying on yourself.

((Bugsmum)) - Luv u and thank u for help during early months. I still have not been to MI, but will be up in next month to help my bro move to Northville from WL.

((Dee))- sensible advice and no BS about what we have to do. I just have to say I hate the fact you are enjoying summer right now! But, huge thanks for advice and replies at different times.

(((((TOD))))) - southern gal. Thank you thank you. I appreciate your pm's and emails. It is great having someone who is going through similar issues and relate to what I am going through.

Yes, you can make it without pain meds even when you have a back injury. I came to this place making some bad decisions. I spent money I didn't have, got electricity and cable cut off and even had to go to court on a jailable offense directly related to my addiction. It took me 7 years to figure out that I could no longer ride the opiate train without going down. I am still scared and still have to take one day at a time. Today it is almost like 5 minutes at a time. This place has played such a big part. NA too. I just felt the need to express my extreme gratitude and let others who walked in my shoes, it can be done. It took me 3 tries to get a year, BUT I DID IT!!!!

Love and peace to all here!
Court