Did I do the right thing?

Old 01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Did I do the right thing?

I have been friends with someone for over 10 years. We have been through a lot together. About two years ago our friendship ended because she got me kicked out of the house we shared together by making up a lie to the landlord because she couldn't afford rent. I found out later that she had started using drugs. She went from pills, coke to heroin. I said to myself that our friendship was over and I couldn't forgive her. But years pass we missed each other she got herself clean and apologized for the past.

However for awhile I've been ignoring the fact that she is an ex heroin user who still continues to drink and smoke pot. And then for awhile I suspected that her and her boyfriend were doing more. They had all the signs of using pills. And then just this past week I came into the place where we all work and it was blantly obvious to me. They were nodding off, falling over, acting confused. So later when I figured they had time to sober up I asked them about it. She got so defensive and angry at me. She was angry that I would think such a thing and just cussing and saying I don't care what you think attitude. So I was confused and decided the next time I worked to watch the cameras at work. I didn't think I would see anything, but I saw her breaking up a pill and snorting it. I was stunned and hurt that she made me feel like such a bad friend. I didn't say anything to her right away I waited a couple days to think about it. They finally contacted me again saying it was just her boyfriend that took some xanax and not her. And she said how offended they are I think shes using again.

So after all that I decided to write her an email saying I love her and care about her, I watched the cameras and saw it and I can't hang out with her while she is using again. And that I want us to be proffesional at work. She didn't respond, but deleted me off facebook(which I think is bizarre). Now at work she gives me the evil look and talks badly of me. And I don't know if I did the right thing because I don't feel good about it. Was it right for me to say we shouldn't hang out anymore? Considering our past I didn't want to go through that again. But I do care about her and love her as a friend.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yes, you did the right thing. It's just too bad that you have to work together. I hope she can't make any trouble for you at your job.

Welcome to SR.