Notices

Anyone celebrating NYE at home tonight like me?

Old 12-31-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Anyone celebrating NYE at home tonight like me?

First of all, a Happy New Year to you all! Let's put 2010 behind us and make 2011 the absolute best year yet!

Just wondering who else will be ringing in the new year at home this evening. I suffer from cluster headaches, which can be quite painful and often debilitating, and I'm in the middle of a cycle right now so I'm staying in for the night. Since I no longer drink and didn't want to go out, I was supposed to work tonight, but I've missed all week due to the headaches. My fiancee had already made plans with her friends, so my first sober New Year's Eve in probably over a decade will be spent on my couch with my cats.

Who's with me???

Everyone be safe tonight, as there are tons of drunk drivers and cops on the roads. Hope 2010 ends well for everyone and 2011 comes in with a bang!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Me! Staying at home with the SO and yes, the cats. I'm kind of wishing I had a group of sober, fun people to hang out with, but oh well. This isn't too bad. It beats being hung over tomorrow and being out there tonight in the cold with a bunch of noisy drunk people.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Hangin with the wife and dogs. Hope you have a good one Snarf.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm with you! Most likely I will be asleep when the New Year rings in...but that's ok with me. I'm just at two weeks and I'm not ready to push my limits. Two years ago was a doozie, almost ended up in a river. Last year was mellow I think..this year I know exactly where I'll wake up, and I will feel great.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oooh! I feel for ya, if you mean cluster migraines. Been suffering with migraines myself since I got sober in 1987.
Thought at first it was injecting all that cocaine with the heroin that messed something up, but doctors concluded, I probably always had them, just wasn't experiencing them prior to sobriety, cause I was always medicating myself.

Have been through the mill over the years with various treatments and misdiagnosing before finally learning what was wrong. Only effective non-narcotic aid that helps me is Imitrex kits. But I only get six doses a month so once I get that 7th a month, it's soaking my head in hot water for temp relief.

Best I go is maybe 10 days without one. Last attempt at a new remedy was acupuncture but that failed too.

From what I read about cluster migraines, only good news about them is, they don't occur as often as regular ones, but duration is longer than regular ones of 6-8 hours. Clusters can go on for 36 to 48 hours I hear.

In my case, I believe they are genetic, cause my sister, father and grandparent have history of them. Doctors recently discovered in some cases, abnormal shaped chromosone is involved.

Ya know, I have HEP C, Diabetes 2, and if I had the choice of God taking either of them or the migraines away, I would choose the migraines. At least the HEP C doesn't hurt and the Diabetes only makes me tired on occasion.

But I hope you feel better soon and have a Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
part time member

This will be my 2nd sober new years. I actually don't remember last year....but it wasn't because of drinking....glad to wake up without a hangover feeling crummy. Maybe I'll even see the Rose Bowl Parade!

Happy New Year fellow SRs
Old 12-31-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

Celebrating at home and happily sober! Happy New Year everyone!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

I see we got a few East Coasters on the thread. Less than 2 hours for us!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dismember

Yes, I am home (that is my parents' place.) My folks are being boring and watching TV, I'm in the other half of the house playing loud music, making silly/stupid phone calls to friends and having a root beer float. Can't say this is the NYE I have always dreamed of but one of the best lessons I have learned this year is that I am responsible for and more capable of creating my own happiness than I ever realized before. I am my own one-man party tonight.

Shake it, smiley face guy!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Hey Isaiah, at least you're safe and staying out of trouble, right? I bet there's a lot of people who woke up today and never dreamed of spending the first day of 2011 in a jail cell, but many will be exactly there.

I'm doing some cleaning around the house. Kinda want to wake up in 2011 with a nice clean home. Think that would feel like a good way to start the new year. Plus it'll probably make my fiancee happy.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm chugging rootbeers with the dogs...lol.

NYE was never really a big night for me...bunch of amateurs out there anyway.

Feel better Smart!

Happy 2011!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Snarf...I cleaned out my fridge...put clean sheets on the bed and took a hot shower...going to start my new year clean and sober
Old 12-31-2010, 07:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Right there with ya Snarf. I'm enjoying the rain (although there's a tornado watch) and just made myself a tuna fish sandwich and coleslaw (shared the tunafish juice with my cat).... watching TV, and thanking God for SR.....

Glad to be with everyone!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

LaFemme, I was thinking of washing the sheets earlier, and you just inspired me to do so. I agree, a nice, clean, cozy bed is a great way to start the new year. And yet something else that will please my lovely lady!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yes, and that's often what I do, but this time it's my second New Year's Eve with no drinking. I couldn't think of anything else to do and I didn't have people ringing the phone off the hook looking for a date. It's no real biggie. I was grumpy leading up to Xmas though and almost said a prayer when it was past, ha ha.

Just me and the cat again.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It's been a few years since I went out on NYE. Staying home and sober tonight. I made a pizza a little while ago and I'm sipping on some diet iced tea. Happy New Year to everyone and best wishes for a prosperous and sober 2011!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Look Ma,No booze!

Sittin' in with my son(7) and my daughter(8) and the Mrs.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome, Little Kenny.

I'm here. Never was one to go out on NYE, anyway.

So grateful to be here and to be Sober!

Happy New Year, all!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yep. At home. with kiddos and hubby. and bubbly. ginger ale that is..

Happy New Year!!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm at home with my daughter and our two cats. Daughter is online with her 'boyfriend' and I'm reading a good book and checking in here every so often.

HAPPY SOBER NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!