Grateful for my job

Old 12-17-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yankee

Grateful for my job

I am here at work (on lunch break) and I had a flashback to my other jobs in the past. I have worked for a major bank, the major newspaper and also a credit card company. All in customer service. Do you know how hard it is to concentrate and talk to people about their issues on the phone when you have so many of your own issues? I can remember countless times calling in sick, being depressed because I just could not stand being at work, maing up excuses, lying about why I was not coming in. Due to my exab and brother/alco/addict I was barely breathing, barely alive. For the last 2 1/2 years I have a job where I work in a steel shop. I'm an admin asst and have my own office. I am the only woman here. Everyone is always playing pranks on each other and it is such a fun environment. I have freedom. So now when I am struggling or having a bad day, I dont call in sick, at all! I am so grateful that my job puts food on the table for my Son and I, pays my bills and gives me peace of mind. Tis the season to be grateful...
Old 12-18-2010, 05:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on board with that too. I love my job. It is perfect for me. And in this economy, i know that is quite a thing to be grateful about!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

What a great thread. I definitely know the importance of loving your job! I'm so glad that your job is a place you enjoy being and where you can feel at peace!

This is the time of year for being grateful for what we DO have. So I thought I would share too, that I am SO grateful for my family. They have taught me how to be strong and independent. They are quietly in the background of my life, allowing me to live it the way I see fit, but there for me if ever I should take a tumble. Their quiet support is amazingly powerful, and I am sooo grateful to have been blessed with such a wonderful, amazing family.

Sorry if this was a high-jack. But you inspired me to think about what's important this time of year! We all have something to be grateful for and it's so important to not lose site of those things!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In this tough economy, it is so nice to love your job!

I'm on the other side of the street, I am the dreaded employer (it feels that way sometimes). I am very lucky to have some really wonderful people to work with. They are the cogs that keep the machine of my business going. I am very grateful for them.

gentle hugs
Old 12-18-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think about this too, how lucky I am to have a job I love.. or to have a job period in this economy. I also work for a non-profit and lots of those are going under because funding has dried up but ours is so specialized, there will always be a need for our agency in this community.

We are lucky indeed.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tam

Im thankful for my job, it sure keeps me busy. I also work in a place with a bunch of guys from young to old, they sure keep me on my toes too with pranks!! Im also thankful for the people there too, they have been so supportive of me, I dont think many companies give such personal support to their employees.
of course the most important thing is I have a job, a job where I can pay the bills and continue to live in this house for now, something that means alot to me. no matter how tired I get, how angry I get, how frustrated I get ,I really am thankful
great post and reminder
Old 12-19-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So happy for you. I know what you mean because i just started a job,my FIRST JOB EVER! i'm struggling getting used to the work enviroment and all but grateful too.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Yankee

Justtired, not a highjack at all! I was hoping that we would all state what we are grateful for! Lunaaa good luck with your first job!!