Notices

I need help/advice

Old 12-05-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help/advice

Ok so I'm in treatment for a dui I got a while ago. I went on vacation last week (thanksgiving) ok so two weeks ago and while i was gone i took some Tramadol. I was told it was non narcotic ect ect. Some one gave me a bottle of the stuff because I have pretty bad knee pain. So I took it, for about 4 days I guess. Decided to look it up online. Now I thought it would be fine, since it wasnt a narcotic (stupid) now I'm getting a lot of conflicting information that it can be tested for, and how long it stays in your system.
So I'm Curious to know, if a out patient treatment place is going to test for this stuff, if so how worried should i be? its been...5 days since i took any.
Should I just go in and tell them what I did? how I got it ( my freaking mom gave it to me) I dont feel like I had a relapse because I dont think I'm an addict, just dumb.
I just need advice from some people who might know what I need to know.
Thank you so much.
p.s i didn't notice it at first but I'm not asking for any medical advice, thanks!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would definitely tell your treatment center the entire story, especially if it's bothering you this much. No one can say what they test for or what they will say, but if it were me, I would tell my case manager at my treatment center. It would be detrimental to my well-being and my ability to work on my recovery if I felt the heaviness of guilt (or worry) from something like this.

Good luck!!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

I don't know if they test for that and if that will show up...I think that's your main question. I won't recommend telling them or not, that's a decision for you to make.

Follow the rules though or you will be right back here. I assume you are not supposed to have alcohol, illegal drugs and any non prescribed prescription medications. Don't.

I'm not trying to sound harsh even though I realize I am coming across that way. I hope things turn out well for you. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR
I would make a clean breast of it to the treatment centre Jimmy.

D
Old 12-05-2010, 10:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dismember

The way I figure, it's going to be totally their judgment call unless they have given you an explicit protocol that they follow. They might appreciate you coming forward about it and see that as a sign of honesty; or they might put a punishment down even if you wouldn't have tested. If you don't tell them and they find out they might think your explanation is a lie; or they might accept your that it was unintentional.

I don't know what I would do. But if it comes up just stick to your story. Be prepared if they want something from a doctor explaining your knee problems or a word from your mom.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tramadol is on the profile I get...

I don't know... what's gonna be worse for you legally, admitting you took it or testing positive...

It doesn't matter, if a doctor prescribed it, fine, you are OK... but ... "My mom gave it to me" ... that doesn't fly my friend. If you didn't know better then, and you should have... either you weren't counseled fully or you didn't read the fine print... or both... you know better now...

Good luck... now, use the sense that God gave you and ask questions before you take a pill or capsule of any kind... not after!!

Welcome to SR.