OT - Justice, finally

Old 12-03-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - Justice, finally

For those that have been here for a while, you may remember the two times I was robbed, the second time I was pistol-whipped and pretty traumatized.

I just got off the phone with the detective who was working our case. I was right...it was some guys that worked at my other store (where I worked before I relapsed), who were members of the bloods gang.

They went out and murdered 4 people, the day after my robbery. Apparently, it wasn't the one I THOUGHT (Darryl) who hit me with the gun...now looks like it was a 14-year-old, in the gang. I was right on one thing, though - he did pull the trigger and killed an innocent kid and dog the next day.

It had shaken me, to my core, that someone who hurt me and my 2 coworkers, had killed someone the next day and the workman's comp lady, who refused to allow me mental health coverage, said "you can't prove it". Yeah, well now I can but it doesn't matter - sued workman's comp earlier this year.

Darryl got life +35 years, the "kid" got life +55 and 2 others also got life sentences, plus.

I read the articles of the trial, and will now have to deal with the anger that is rising up - mostly at my boss, who refused to let me lock the door, but also at the guys who did it.

However, I still have a LOT of gratitude....that we survived, and they are locked up - oh, and they're getting beaten up in jail, according to the paper - get a little satisfaction from that, too.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amy, praise the Lord none of them will be out in this lifetime to terrorize and kill again!

I know what a horrible ordeal this has been for you.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I took some of that angry energy and went for a walk in the park Heading off to work, now.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-03-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amy, I know you have to be careful in your recovery about harboring resentments, so I hope you can find the time and a safe way to get as angry as you need, let it all out.

In true codie fashion, I want to snatch you up and take you out to my favorite place in the desert, where you can scream and cry until there's nothing left.

Instead, I'm sending a whole bunch of healing thoughts your way, and keeping you in my prayers.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nazarite

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
oh, and they're getting beaten up in jail, according to the paper - get a little satisfaction from that, too.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
aha.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you came out on top of things. Hopefully things continue to get better.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Amy)))

I'm glad that part of the story is closed for you now.
D
Old 12-03-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry and happy @ the same time. It is hard to imagine a 14 old being that twisted and capable of something as violent as that. Your HP was watching over you that night. I am glad that you finally got some justice, but sad that you had to endure that. You are a strong woman lady. You've been through so much and still maintain that positive attitude. THAT will get you far.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Aimee~ You can never undo the things you have lived through, seen, or felt in your lifetime but with this outcome I'm praying you can go forward now knowing that justice has won. Lots of love and happiness coming your way, Bonnie
Old 12-03-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad there is some closure..
Old 12-04-2010, 12:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for your support. I remember the day it happened...I had to spend hours in the ER and all I could think was "let me get home and get on SR"

I did find an added piece of information. One of Darryl's sentences is life WITHOUT PAROLE. He will die in prison.

You were all there for me when both robberies happened, and your here for me now, I am very grateful.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-04-2010, 05:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FGB

Oh Amy, I had no idea of what you had been through. I'm so sorry, but I'm so happy they were caught and justice was served. You have amazing strength, I'm proud of you. Hugs, FGB
Old 12-04-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Amy, I am glad you can get some closure. And I'm glad that at least one of the guys who did this won't ever be able to terrorize or hurt anyone else. Lives were forever changed that day - and you were able to use your recovery tools and rise above the rubble. I'm really proud of you and glad it's behind you.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I "wrote" a letter to the gang leader (the one I knew), in my head on the way home from work. It wasn't very nice. I tried, I really did, to pray for him and the others. However, the details of what they did to me, my friends, and the people/dog they murdered are still too fresh. I basically said "I hope you rot in he!!", but then I did pray that HP help me get to where I CAN pray for them. It's been 2 years, but I didn't know all the details of the murders until the day I posted this.

Guess I have a ways to go, on this.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-05-2010, 07:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Be greatful that your criminal justice system actually works. These thugs have been held to account. Here where I live, perpretrators of crime are sometimes arrested, rarely convicted. I say this, not to diminish your experience or feelings around what happened, it surely sucks. Buyt there is much to be grateful for when consequences do actually happen. peace
Old 12-05-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
For those that have been here for a while, you may remember the two times I was robbed, the second time I was pistol-whipped and pretty traumatized.

I just got off the phone with the detective who was working our case. I was right...it was some guys that worked at my other store (where I worked before I relapsed), who were members of the bloods gang.

They went out and murdered 4 people, the day after my robbery. Apparently, it wasn't the one I THOUGHT (Darryl) who hit me with the gun...now looks like it was a 14-year-old, in the gang. I was right on one thing, though - he did pull the trigger and killed an innocent kid and dog the next day.

It had shaken me, to my core, that someone who hurt me and my 2 coworkers, had killed someone the next day and the workman's comp lady, who refused to allow me mental health coverage, said "you can't prove it". Yeah, well now I can but it doesn't matter - sued workman's comp earlier this year.

Darryl got life +35 years, the "kid" got life +55 and 2 others also got life sentences, plus.

I read the articles of the trial, and will now have to deal with the anger that is rising up - mostly at my boss, who refused to let me lock the door, but also at the guys who did it.

However, I still have a LOT of gratitude....that we survived, and they are locked up - oh, and they're getting beaten up in jail, according to the paper - get a little satisfaction from that, too.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Amy, I did not know that you went through this!
(((((hugs)))))

take care hon, it must bring up all kinds of stuff for you. thank goodness for retribution!!! helps a lot, I am sure.

hugs again,
chicory
Old 12-05-2010, 03:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I AM grateful the justice system worked in this situation. I know, sometimes it doesn't, but even then, I have a strong faith in the "karma police"

I did a new part time job today - demonstrating in a grocery store, and then came home and walked on the new treadmill dad bought for he and I. It's been a good day.

I am so grateful that when things get tough, my first instinct is "get to SR", and now it seems my second is "WALK!!!!" A mile on the treadmill is a bit tougher than at the park, but I will tackle it like everything else..baby steps

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Amy, this is tough stuff. I hope you are gentle with yourself all the way.

I am not a saint, y'know. What could be more normal than wishing hurt upon those who hurt you and took the lives of others. That is really scary, really real stuff.

A thought is a thought. I am allowed to be angry and vengeful in my thoughts...sometimes it is needed to protect myself.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Amy
Wow.....I don't even know what to say.....I can't even imagine living through that nightmare. I think it's normal to feel anger and resentment after an ordeal like that. I think it's normal to feel relief that they are in prison and won't get out. I hope that their sentencing has provided some closure on that chapter for you.

lots and lots of gentle hugs
Old 12-05-2010, 08:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Amy,
I'm happy you have recieved some closure. With all that you've been through-- perhaps the universe is finally bringing peace your way.
Hugs, and love,
Cess
Old 12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Warm, loving, and healing thoughts going your way, Amy.

You have a strong recovery, and acknowledging the more "negative" emotions is also a part of it.

Peace, Lady. Thanks for sharing.