Notices

Drinkin Thinkin...& WINE!

Old 11-28-2010, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drinkin Thinkin...& WINE!

Just got in from Colorado. Spent Thanksgiving there. Had a blast..Upon my walk into the kitchen I spy 3 bottles of wine. My eyes just went there. The lush side of me would have said "Looks good but what are you guys going to drink"...BUT I have a good run on sobriety. Keep in mind..my drink pattern was Wine..Beer..and Whiskey. I am not sure who said it or how many times I have heard it on this site..but I remembered to play the tape thru. Given the options..it would NOT be one glass of wine with dinner. It would be more like 2 bottles. AND I would have NEVER made it to the Black Friday sales at 3AM. We found the best sales ever. It was my first time (always too hungover in the past) and I have yet to ever see anything like it. People lined up around the stores waiting to get in. People shopping in their PJs. I got dressed but did have a bad case of bed head. Friday night we sat around the table playing games. I gotta tell you..I think it is my first experience with sober Yahtzee! I LOVED IT! Saturday night we took in a hockey game. No problem for me not partaking of the beer drinking. It has always been a thorn in my @ss that they charge 6.00 a beer. I am too cheap to pay that. Came home this morning. So grateful once again for this site. Lots of good advice that I apparently take on the road with me. Monday is fast approaching. I hope everyone has a great sober week and many more to follow..
Old 11-28-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Nice post!!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good weekend MsCB - congratulations!

D
Old 11-28-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was a good post to read tonight. I definitely agree and I know what you mean about looking at those 3 bottles and KNOWING you and you alone would be drinking them all. I remember early on in sobriety thinking about having some wine. I thought well I could just go and buy a bottle, but would I want just 1 bottle? Hello addict voice! Nice to know you are still there and aren't leaving. LOL! Haven't had that thought in a long time thankfully. I do remember though.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah Horselover...I forgot to add that 2 bottles were still sitting on the counter when I left this morning. They must be normies.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile ..hi ya ms brown..

..good to read ya dowin fine... Ozy..
Old 11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dismember

Yay! Sounds like maybe you had a couple minutes of drinking anxiety and several hours of having fun and enjoying life. I think that's a pretty good deal.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah and I even got a deal on a new pair of UGGS..Authentic! They feel so good I think I will sleep in them tonight!!! Good to hear from you Oz!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yup Ise! (sounds like eyes) it was a great time. I did my stare down and won. Wine ain't nothin but trouble! Take care Mister.