Notices

hey all

Old 11-21-2010, 09:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EntertheSticks

hey all

I posted more frequently awhile back so i figured I would stop in and see how everyone is doing. While I have been battling with my drinking problem I have found that my will to have anything to do with the party life has been going down. Even the nights I go out I get bored extremely fast and nothing USUALLY happens....

The hardest part for me has been learning to deal with the stress as things were actually going quite well (besides the drinking thing) but I am happy to report I no longer use drinking as my crutch, nor do I make it a priority in my life like I used to. I will admit I have had a couple of slip ups but all in all I would like to thank people that have helped me on here as for the most part I have become more self aware, tend to think before I get the urge to drink, and when I do mess up and cave in, I have learned to hold myself accountable.

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-21-2010, 09:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back MilwaukeeGuy

I'm glad things are getting better but my advice is to not settle for the status quo.
My life changed immeasurably for the better when I gave up booze entirely.

D
Old 11-21-2010, 10:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there, I'm glad to hear that things are on the up and up with you. Just keep avoiding the temptation to drink at any cost! It is not worth it. It sounds like you have the puzzle pieces in place and now is not the time to jeapordize that. Best wishes!
Old 11-21-2010, 10:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EntertheSticks

thats the idea dee! I guess as they say slow and steady wins the race, i found the less i thought about quitting and the more i have slowly started to change my life has yielded some positive results.

For instance I no longer get the weekend blues and am content filling my life with other activities. Booze has become my last option, and hopefully as I keep progressing it will no longer be any type of option.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I was wondering about you the other day! Good to hear an update. I did something similar on my way to sobriety. Kind of hung a bit where I was drinking but not as much. It was 'eh' and I was happy to ultimately give it up. A step in the right direction for me for sure.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Glad to hear you're doing well. Everyone has to do things their own way sometimes, and I hope you can give it up once and for all. Keep on keepin on!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back. Hope you can do completely without it soon. Living sober is so worth it.