Notices

So it's day one again...

Old 11-16-2010, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So it's day one again...

Ugh, I am back at day one. Been around here a couple of months ago but couldn't remember the nick and the mail I used to sign up...

I managed to stay sober for about 8 months this year and it felt fantastic. I lost a lot of weight, started running and I honestly felt like I am on the right track. I actually started to like myself again... If that makes any sense to anyone here.

Well, it felt like alcohol was SO FAR away... yet so close, because within minutes everything I "achieved" this year was put aside in favor of a few bottles of beer. "Only today...", of course.

That obviously didn't work out so well. Since sometime in October I've been drinking again. So it's been about a month or something, I managed to not drink for a week in between, but that's it. This has to end. Today. Not Tomorrow. I am going to reach out for help through counseling and therapy but this is likely going to take some time to be arranged. I remember this place helped me back then, so I hope that's going to work again this time around.

Not sure what else to write right now, but I'll do some reading now and then head to the Gym. I'll talk to you guys later for sure!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, PrettyPlease

D
Old 11-16-2010, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back.

I'd love to give you a pearl of wisdom, but I honestly feel pretty crappy right now too. But... you've come to a good place.

You're taking the first step towards another 8 months. And hopefully much, much more. Perhaps stick around a bit longer this time?

Glad to have you here.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, PrettyPlease. You have all that willpower and fortitude from your previous 8 months of sobriety. May they serve you well and you get back on track! You can do this.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back.
Great that you're reaching out for support again.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome PrettyPlease.

8 months is amazing. The longest period I have been sober in the last 12 years is 27 days - I didn't even make 1 month so dont beat yourself up. I am back at the beginning again and just starting my day 9.

I remember when I quit smoking ages ago, I had reached a stage where I was pretty sure I had cracked it and was getting really comfortable with it all and then BAM!!! I caught my hand taking a cigarette out of a packet that my wife had left lying on the table. I didn't even want one, it was just I had relaxed and my "subconscious addict" had spotted immediately that I had taken my eye off the ball.

All the best of luck with your day 1, today.
Use the force!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
31/10/10

pretty please - welcome back! Glad you are focusing on today and not tomorrow. I agree, the power you gained during the last 8 months will surely help you stay on track. It's great that you are adding some extra strings to your recovery bow to make this time last.
Looking forward to your advice and support - with those 8 months you sure have some experience to share.
vee
Old 11-17-2010, 02:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back to the family! I'm glad you're starting again. And yes, I relapsed over and over my first two years of trying to stay sober. But here I am, coming up on a year soon, and feeling just great. It was a rough ride at first but I stayed sober one day at a time and gradually started feeling better. And now I'm so happy with my new sober life I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Give it another go. You've done it before, you can do it again and better and longer. Take it one day at a time and pretty soon those days add up.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hugs to you, pretty please!

Your post sounds like I was writing it. It's important and amzaing we are back on our sobriety track, we should be proud and grateful for that.

I know how you feel, I'm on day 3 after breaking 8 months of sobriety.

I was desparate 2 days ago, but now I'm just grateful I'm back. It's going to be better and better.

I decided to stop beating my self up and start concentrating on my recovery.

Believe me, few days from now you'll feel better and just happy you managed to find strenght to break the circle of drinking, this is the first step, but without that step no other could be made.

Welcome back,

Michelebelle
Old 11-17-2010, 04:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know how u feel. I have never made it more then 1 month. Life is so nice with out drinking. Glad we r both back on track. Keep posting and good luck.