First full day at my new job

Old 11-13-2010, 08:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First full day at my new job

Well...it was my first day on the floor....After all the orientation crap is finished... It went well....It's always overwhelming starting a new job.....I was reading something earlier though that I hadn't thought of before....Seems alot of us codependant people end up in helping professions...How funny I'm a nurse....I know that's probably not a news flash to all of you, but I fit the cookie cutter description....

So...I don't know that I will like this new job, but hey I'm employed again....If there's a better job out there, I'll find it...

The husband has been snippy.....Tried to talk me into just working weekends so I could still go to school as I had originally planned...I just think I can't make decisions based on what he says....School is important to me though...I do need to find a way to fit it in to my life....If I think about everything too long, it gets a bit overwhelming....There is a part of me that sometimes wants to cave and do what he says, but.....I don't want to be with him, and me staying wouldn't be fair to him or me.....Why am I caring about what is fair to him? As mad and hurt as I am.....I feel like he is bad enough to himself.....I just don't want to play this game anymore.....

If I'm off track.....someone fix me...lol
Old 11-13-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear your first day on the job went well. You are on your way to some independence and choices for sanity in your life.

I guess the big question about his opinion is who is going to fund your life if you only work weekends and go to school? Surely not him by the way he's going? Crazy talk. I deal with it all the time myself and I also get sucked into it sometimes. These days I simply try not to talk to him much. That seems to keep my crazy thinking to a minimum anyway.

Keep going, you are doing great so far. Wish I had half of your resolve at the same stage. Of course I'm a few years past that stage now.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new job. Your addict might be snippy with you because he can see that something is different about you. Take care of yourself and be proud of this step.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Seems to me you're on track. i dont know your story but starting a job is a great step anyway.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I so glad you got, the new job. Keep working on you and your escape plan. Listen to YOUR gut not him.

Hugs,
Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

I know what you mean Sara, it's hard to plan for your future when you don't know quite what your future entails. You are doing the smart thing for you at this moment. As you move forward, things will clear up for you and you can continue making the next right move.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Try and live in today and plan for your tomorrow. Right now you have a job, a way to support yourself, this is what you need to do for now. Be self sufficent.

As for the hubby, just ignore him. Do what is best for you. He is an adult, let him learn to take care of himself.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tam

congratulations on your new job!! happy to hear your getting on your feet and independent..I too know how they become snippy when they see us not devoting our time to their problems or full attention and they see us doing things for ourselves..you keep going your doing fantastic and in time things will pan out.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Sara! So glad to hear that the first day on the job went well. I understand how much you want to get that degree, and you will!! You are much younger than I, believe me, and I'm getting my PhD at the moment.

Just keep working on a plan for yourself and your children. As long as you prepare several options for yourself, then you won't feel stuck in a situation you find intolerable.

And yes, nursing is a fairly typical codie profession. But that's OK. This world needs more good nurses!!!

Hugs and prayers, HG
Old 11-14-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I too am in a "helping profession"..I wanted to fix the WORLD when I statred..now I'd be happy to be a fully functioning person (lol) . School will be ther.It sounds like priority #1 is having a way out. You'd be suprised how many people on this site have gotten into school with little money of their own.When the time is right, it will happen. Sounds like he wants to keep you dependant on him.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sara
Glad to hear that the first day went well. This is a great step. Don't worry....trust your HP and things will fall into place....one day at a time.

gentle hugs