Notices

almost a week sober, guess what I'm going to do next...

Old 11-11-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

almost a week sober, guess what I'm going to do next...

Yep, I'm at that point again. I've stopped drinking for a week and I have my Tigger bounce back and I'm at the 'I dont have a drinking problem, I just need to be careful and not drink too much again'

Feel free to laugh. Or cry.

Why do I have do keep doing this??

You will notice that I'm feeling hopeless before I've even fallen off the wagon. This is because I know whats going to happen next...

Im tired and v stressed tonight and the kids are doing my head in and Im tired of being a single mum and having nobody to just give me a hug. Im not going out to get any drink but tonight I want my 'friend' to 'comfort' me.

Sorry to whine and moan, just not feeling very positive right now.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there. Do you have any in-person support you can turn to in these sorts of situations?
Old 11-11-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry ******{crisplover}}}} I'd give you a hug It's hard to be a single mom sometimes, I know.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can find the help, within you or from without, to stay sober, despite the alcoholic lies... Don't drink, please, it's not worth it.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for ratting yourself out so early CL

Go back and read your old threads. Read other peoples too.
That's the reality.

That's what you buy back into every time you drink - an endless loop....the same old same old.

It's easy to go back.

It's much harder to do something different...it's not pleasant by any means...but when you make it, and you start living outside that cycle? It really is SO worth it.

You deserve to be happy, you deserve to be going somewhere, and not stuck in an alcoholic rut - you deserve a better life - and I reckon your little ones do too.

Don't give in - you have a ton of support here, CL
D
Old 11-11-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Crisp, I did that same thing so many times until I quit for good. That way of thinking led me all the way to drinking 24/7 in the end. I could not be without it in my system. I destroyed my life, insisting I could manage it.

You don't have to end up with a lifetime of dependency. Your "friend & comforter" is just the opposite of that. I promise it gets easier as you go along - the temptations are less often & easier to handle. You can make it through this, we know you can.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support guys, gonna try and get an early night and hopefully feel better tomorrow.

On Saturday I have a really important day. I'm going to London to try and make the team for an amazing event (sorry to be cryptic, paranoid) But if I make it, it will be life changing stuff. (if I don't make it, someone needs to lock me in a alcohol-free box for a week or so!)
Old 11-11-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fear thou not, for I am with thee
Be not dismayed, for I am thy God
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you

If you can find a few quiet moments(which i know is tough with kids) think of these words and try to grasp that you're not alone in this! Sometimes when I need to calm my nerves from the obsession, I even escape into the bathroom for a min away from the little ones! assuming he/she isn't a toddler that eats anything LOL
Old 11-11-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

well good luck with it, C - you'll have SR rooting for you

D
Old 11-11-2010, 01:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

you will be so happy tomorrow morning that you didn't drink.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Crisp my Mom was a single mom of five boys on and off through 4 marriages. It wasn't until I was married and had two boys that my appreciation for what she did really strike home. I realized that I would not have been able to do it for one of my two alone let alone 5!

I say a special prayer every time I meet or read a post from a single mom. I usually don't let them know, but in this case I'll make an exception. When yours grow up, they will find out, and then really know how special you are.

Be there for them, and let them be there for you now.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Crisps, I hope I write this as you are sound asleep. I too forget easily how I felt a few weeks ago, and I need to remind myself that one drink means loosing my mind again.

The others have said all the wise and loving stuff so here comes a tight hug: :ghug3

Good luck on cryptic Saturday - don't jeopardize it by drinking.

Vee
Old 11-11-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hug! I have 11 days and I keep thinking I can start again and just control it. I miss my "friend" too! Stay strong, you can do this. And good luck on Saturday! I really hope you make it!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Crisp, I know that recognizing the addict-voice for what it is, will be a big step forward for you. You can let it go and know that it's going to lose its power.

Good Luck!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I'm glad you came to SR and tattled on yourself....keep doing it!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Crisp - WELL DONE. I used caps (not often) because I am so proud of you. Seeing a potential trigger or possible time when your sobriety may waver is crucial. You are definitely ahead here as I did quite a bit of head banging myself to get to where you are.

What I found helped me was coming here and sharing (I still do quite often) and I have face to face support as well to help me continue recovery even when I feel good and think I have this thing under control. I now know better so if I foresee anything that could put me on edge....I come right here and share. Nice to have folks online 24/7.

You have much in your life to motivate you and being a single mom requires you to be at your best for the kiddos

Well done my friend!

Last edited by Kmber2010; 11-12-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: typos...eeek.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in

Hi Crisplover

Nawneet here, thats me just over a week sober, and I know exactly how you feel, I was a single mum for many years of 3 beautifull daughters, my drinking at first started when they had went to bed then creeped up and up untill i was drunk in front of them and friends, I know it's hard wanting those loving arms of the booze round you, but you have done a week, take one day at a time, stay strong, it's worth it, perhaps we can do this together? Keep on line go to meetings if you can or want to, read, read, read.
Take care, be kind to yourself!!!

Big hugs

Nawneet :day6
Old 11-15-2010, 04:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Another single Mum here and starting another day 1

Crisp I hope you are ok - not heard from you for a while?

I caved in last week and just let my addiction take over as I didnt feel strong enough to fight it and set today as my day. I am scared this time - I so want to stop this dreaful cycle but from past experience I know my willpower is zero and I have no strength when the addict voice comes back in my head - it seems to know every move to get me to cave.

I need to do something different - do some work to stop this happening - when I feel well enough. I am aware when it starts happening but after a brief inner fight the devils voice just drowns me out.

I am feeling determined but I have felt this way before. I hope you good people in here can throw advice at me that get me fighting back properly!

Thanks for listening - Crisp - please get back in touch.

Pumpkin x
Old 11-15-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Reach out here if and when you're struggling and before you give in go to buy to buy the drink, PS.

The guys here talked me through a few rough nights

Welcome back

and I second that all points bulletin on CrispLover
D
Old 11-15-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee however its usually when im at work that it gets me - I cant get on here then - I need to come up with something else - if I havent decided to cave by the time I have finished work it gets me on the journey home. Its happened to me a few times since I found this site and i've wished I could get on here.

All I can think of at the moment is to have some fave choccies or something to hand maybe force one down every time the voice appears - making a cuppa with it too would help but its just too busy most of the time.

Am I being too negative? I just want to be reinforced and ready for when it next starts, probably on Weds or Thursday about 4pm!

Pumpkin x