I Got Slapped In The Face Again This Weekend

Old 10-27-2003, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Got Slapped In The Face Again This Weekend

Ok, here I go again. I've been working with my exboyfriend who is a fabulous guitar player on working on getting some songs under our belts so that he and I could start gigging together. Well this past weekend, all hell broke loose cause i got to rehearsal very late due to uncontrollable traffic. I tried telling my exboyfriend that it was truly due to traffic and he did not want to hear it. He told me that I was being a DIVA and that I was flaky and undependable by showing up late, but I tell you the traffic was out of control. He said that I did not respect him and that he could have spent his saturday riding the motorcycle I helped finance for him. In the end I could no longer take the verbal abuse from him and told him that I could no longer work on a musical project with him with this type of verbal abuse and that it was not my intent to get to rehearsal late and seem irresponsible. I AM BEING PERFECTLY HONEST, I DID NOT GET TO REHEARSAL ON TIME BECAUSE I WANTED TO BE SPITEFULLl! I HONESTLY GOT STUCK IN TRAFFIC!!! He thinks otherwise. Now we are no longer working together and I am very very sad. I feel as if a good opportunity has been "let go" because of someone's pride or insecurity and I cant take this crap anymore. ...
Old 10-27-2003, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you made the right decision

If he can't handle the fact that you were late because of traffic, a musical collaberation with him will go nowhere fast.
I've been hanging out with musicians for over twenty years and I know that some of them have ENORMOUS egos.
I hope that you find someone to work with who can accept the realities of life (such as traffic jams).
Peace,
Gabe
Old 10-27-2003, 09:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Who needs that kind of a hassle.

Juls
Old 10-28-2003, 06:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This might not mean anything..coming from a newby..but

When I quit taking the verbal garbage from my son..his ranting and raving..I found that I liked myself a whole lot more. When I had gotten to the point where he could no longer hurt me with his verbal barbs..I found that my "inner peace" or whatever you want to call it..whatever place that is inside of us, was calmer and I liked myself more. I felt stronger because I had taken that power away from him.

Your boyfriend might be one heckuva musician..but as a friend..it seems that he leaves a bit to be desired. Traffic sucks...no matter what city you live in...sometimes it just stops. People know this. For him to think that you were being spiteful and taking up his day..well...that is just him telling you that the world revolves around him and you threw a monkey wrench in to the cogs. I am sorry that you had to take a verbal beating...But you took yourself out of it. That shows increadable strength to me.

I hope you find another band to play in..One that revolves around the whole band..not just one member.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wouldn't waste my time feeling sad about that. Doesn't sound worth it to me, just sounds like alot of control on his part besides being totally childish.

Ngaire