Talk, talk talk....

Old 10-26-2003, 03:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Talk, talk talk....

Have I mentioned that the Beav is a talker?? That he paces?? That he is hyper??

Let me just tell you he is sitting her talking my ear off as I type.

He can moderate. (Not moderator)

He can beat the sh.t out of anyone!

R is twice his size and won't mess with him!

Why do I have to talk to dad?

I will save money and get a place of my own...(I have heard this before)

Dad is an alcoholic...

Oh and the big one ...he can tell me anything!

HEEEELLLPPP!!!!
JT

LOL w/ a headache!
Old 10-26-2003, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Half-way houses are a red light??

People get high in half-way houses.

He is on parole...he just can't smoke pot.

He will pee for me right now!

Did I mention this is a good day???
Old 10-26-2003, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Sounds familiar...

Mine has been diagnosed in the past with ADHD...The doc said a while ago that maybe he was using all the meth, crank, coke etc.(speeder drugs) as a way of medicating the ADHD. Who knows?

What i do know is he talks...alot. Fast and to anyone. I am so not a people person, so this makes me a little crazy.

I wonder if this behavior is something most addictive behaviors have. I often think it's like he can't stand to be in his own head because then he hears the voices, LOL.

Has to be talking all the time in order to keep the quiet out.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

The Beav has been Diagnosed with ADHD too. Drives me nuts! He admits to self medicating.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((( JT! ))))))
Old 10-26-2003, 07:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((JT)))

The Beav sounds like my older son - he doesn't live here, but I think long and hard before calling him. I have to be in the mood for all that yakking and dumping. I even used MG's line recently and told him I am not his trash can ... actually got me a moment of silence while he digested. Love him dearly, but you know.

Could be a long coupla weeks in the Cleaver family!

Sending you hugs and industrial strength ear plugs,

deedee
Old 10-26-2003, 07:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

JT

My ex-A is a yakker as well. His whole family is. When one of them leaves a message on my answering machine, the machine ends up cutting them off...because they are not done gabbing. And they talk LOUD as well. When ex-A calls me, I can hold the phone a foot from my ear and hear him just fine. So can everyone else in the room.
Wishing you a peaceful, *quiet* night
Gabe
Old 10-26-2003, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((JT)))))))))))))
Old 10-26-2003, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

J.T.,

I bet my son can outtalk your son
anyday LOL. Same lingo also. My older one is ADHD (and I figure bipolar) as well.
I am proud of him though, he is working
7 days a week 10 hours a day for the
last two months. Clean and sober. He's
just as nutty as ever though.
And he makes sure we all know what
he is doing and what his needs are. He will call ME (we do not live in the same town) to call his S/0 to give her a message to.....fill in the blank.

Gabe you sent me over the edge LOL

Hang in there!
Old 10-27-2003, 04:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Ahhh...trash can...I am going to remember that.

Last nite I told him I am not going to play middleman between him and Ward...I told Ward the same thing. So the Beav told WARD he can moderate his drinking...all parole (does parole have an "e" at the end??) says is he can't smoke weed or have a gun.

Then of course Ward comes to me to vent.

See why letting them move in is a mistake??? You all know I did this to prove it to you don't you??? Don't you?? See what happens when I don't follow my own advice....I was right after all!

LOL!
JT
Old 10-27-2003, 05:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

**{JT}}
Old 10-27-2003, 05:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

((JT))

Kids and ex husbands can push our buttons better than anyone else. TRUST me. And remember the very wise words of one of you (Ann maybe?) "Can I get back to you on that?". Perhaps that will give you time to ponder and him time to take his own actions.

Lots of hugs
O59
Old 10-27-2003, 07:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

(((JT)))

ditto to O59!!

Why don't we take our own adive??? I have often wondered that myself.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Does it seem to you that we take turns on this? I believe that when I first came here you, MG, and I all had our sons living at home...since then we seem to sort of rotate...WELL I DON'T WANT A TURN!!!!! Thank you for reminding me why.

And by the way - he sounds just like my son trying to reword the parole instructions to suit their purpose. Excuse me, but the parole instructions don't say that you can't sniff glue either, but that would be a BAD IDEA. Sheesh, twins they are. I can just tell.

I'm sending you Jujubes, ear plugs, the net, and the key to the padded room where you can go in and yell if you want. OH YEAH and a mirror so you don't forget who you are.

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-27-2003, 02:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

One son lives next door...He's the one who drinks and....(don't have anwsers on that one yet) Spouse who can drive for 8 hours in the car and never says anything but there's a d*** cop...Next door son, either says nothing (when sober) or talks loud and long when drinking but says the same thing over and over and over...you all know how it goes......

OH is my most used word for days on end.....as for himself....I quit years ago trying to VISIT with him...He's the strong and silent type unless he is (Heaven help us all) explaining to you how to do something the RIGHT WAY.

JT, you have my utmost admiration.

ONE THING I KNOW TODAY....I'd rather learn from your pain that to have to experience it first hand.....Thank you for sharing....One never knows when the knowledge is going to be needed....
Love and prayers from one who cares
Old 10-27-2003, 07:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

That is kind of why I am being so open about this...showing my a$$ as it were.

I toyed with this idea privately with some friends around here...to take him in one more time. I was advised against it but I was going to do what I was going to do for the following reason...if there was ever a year up until this point for the Beav to "get it" this was at the top.....in my own mind. It isn't so.

I just goes to show that we don't know squat. They will not stop until they stop.

I got an interesting insite about behavior after one comes out of prison. WE think they will be humble but that is not the case.

So the bottom line of this little saga is one more time he has to go. We all agreed to look at sober living situations and we will still do that if he is agreeable. If not he is in violation of our agreement and he has to move out. Quite simple really.

Ward and I, who always fought about these things are for once not doing that. Interesting turn for us and don't think it is unnoticed.

I am not even sad....it just is what it is. He may change his mind but I am not going to push him into something that is bound to fail.

I wanted to make it a point to share all of this no matter how it ended up...so I hope I am not boring anyone.

Hugs,
JT
Old 10-28-2003, 07:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Boring??? NEVER!!! ((((((((((JT))))))))))
Old 10-28-2003, 09:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing

There are so many that are being helped each time someone shares here. For those who are battling a similar situation the post is never boring. They are never too long either. If anything, we read them all and then keep coming back hoping for more.

I am pleased you are Ward are in agreement, that is a nice change for you to experience. Maybe that in itself will be a catalyst to good things, either for you both or the Beav. Keep us posted.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It just goes to show that we don't know squat. They will not stop until they stop.
Amen Sister!!!!

JT, I think you and I are in much the same place. We are no longer devastated by their words or actions, we still love them and have hope, but we know Who is running the show...God has a reason that your son is back in your life right now. If nothing else good comes from this, you have learned that you WILL survive and that you and Ward are really in the same place with this.

Hugs to you all and prayers too.

Another "Squatter'
Ann
Old 10-28-2003, 11:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Paused

JT
thanks for talking-hey whom here has it right every time?
we're all learning to get it right, but d*** its hard.
I made boo boo's last wk when drunken daughter made me crazy for only a few days. I was back to step one in a flash.
If nothing else we're not alone.
hugs
liddy