I've been hesitate to post

Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BBD

I've been hesitate to post

I haven't posted in a very long time only because I'm afraid if I put this in writing something will go wrong. How crazy is that? I have been a daily reader for months and have spent a few years conversing with alot of you. But, for today~~this household is the best it has been in years. My son has been chemical free for 13 months. Its comforting to know I don't have to worry about where he is or what he's doing. His company is doing well, I see him daily and he's busy, busy, busy. He does get stressed with his jobs and doing everything perfect but I'm hoping in time he can handle all that...after doing drugs for a number of years I'm guessing he's still going through the fighting process of learning how to handle life on different terms. So~for today things are good and we're breathing easier here. Love and luck to all of you that are suffering with your addicts......Smiles, Bonnie
Old 10-19-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting Bonnie. I'm so glad that your son is facing life's normal challenges without the aid of drugs. That is good news. It gives those of us who are still dealing with active addiction....hope.

gentle hugs
Old 10-19-2010, 08:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Bonnie))) I understand what you mean about jinxing things by posting. It is easy to say that it should not matter how our addicted love one is doing as far as how we feel, and I am glad to have the tools now so my world does not revolve around how they are doing... But, to me, reality is, no matter how strong my recovery, it is always a bit better and easier when the one i love is doing better too! Glad to hear that your son is on a good path and you are as well. Hugs.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's good to hear from you Bonnie!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
it is what it is

We pray and pray for all of our loved ones who suffer this addiction - it is so comforting to hear that there is one that is experiencing the very thing we pray for - thank you for sharing and my prayers will continue -
Old 10-20-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm a "touch wood" kinda person myself these days. After all we have been through, it's hard not to look over our shoulder when we are having good days and our life gets better.

Go ahead and breathe, enjoy every moment, living in resentment of the past or fear of the future just sucks all the good out of today. Those who went before me told me that and I am so glad I listened.

I'm glad your world is peaceful, Bonnie.

Hugs to you and your boy.l
Old 10-21-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 10-21-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

:ghug3
Great news!