Thanks

Old 10-23-2003, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks

Just want to tell everyone thanks for the replies to my post yesterday. Thanks for making me feel welcome. We put her in the hospital last night. It was such a horrible feeling leaving her there, but such a relief also. I can relate to Rose's loss. I lost my dad 2 months ago. I kinda felt cheated on mourning his passing, because of being afraid my wife would be drinking at the showing and funeral. She was! I know you guys and gals are right, it's gonna get better, but just hard right now. Thanks again for letting me ramble.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Your Welcome I AM, So glad your using this site and you are posting....Please be reminded your wife is right where she is supposed to be to get better....It's so hard for me to remember (at times) that I can not and will not be the one to help my A's....If they want help it's there for them...

Now the GOOD NEWS is that there is help for you as well...We are here whenever you chose to come...Al-Anon is also there for you...
Do keep posting and take care of YOU....
Love and prayers
Old 10-24-2003, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

I AM,

Just couldn't help asking what prompted you to pick your loggin name. Is it in reference to Ayn Rand's writing ... or in praise of God of the old Testament? Just curious.

In any case, congratulations on taking steps to get yourself well. Coming here will help you do that. It will also help to get a copy of the book "Under the Influence". It will help you come to terms with the fact that the person you love is not who you think they are. They are under the influence of the chemical alcohol, and the only person that YOU can truly help is YOU.

Hopefully, in getting yourself well, she will be motivated to get well also.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Login Name

Either one. Some of the other Login names I tried were already taken and this just popped in my head. It's a song "I AM I Said" I liked as a kid. I knew at one time how the song came to be, but that was a long, long time ago. but I do remember it wasn't Biblical. It may have came from some Ayn Rand writings.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Well, the loggin name really grabbed my attention. Your choice of "I AM" shows you are on the right track.

It is so common for those of us living long-term with an A to totally loose OUR identities. We get so caught up in their insanity that our whole world view is distorted.

Calling yourself I AM is a great way to remember that you are your own self; her problems are her responsibility, your problems are your responsibility.

Welcome to the boards. Sorry that so much pain brought you here... but we all can use the pain as an opportunity for growth... you don't have to stay in it.

Take care,
Eyes