Oh My Gosh Oh My Gosh!!!

Old 10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh My Gosh Oh My Gosh!!!

My son just called and said "Hi mom" like everything is peachy..I asked him where he was and he said that he was calling from home. I asked him how he had gotten in and he said that he took little brothers key...I told him to put it on the tv stand and leave..right now...hang up the phone and get out of my house!! WOW...I don't know where this new and powerful voice is coming from..and frankly I don't care...I feel BIG and I feel in control. I might walk in to a house that has been cleaned out..but you know what....I don't care. I stood up to my son today...for the first time in 19 years he has not gotten his way. He asked me for help getting back in to school..I told him no..he knew how to use a phone..but first he would need an address..and it wouldnt be mine. I am sitting here..right now..crying and typing like a mad woman because finally all the things I have wanted to say to S were able to come out..and I meant them.. I told him that he wasnt wanted or needed at my house..and I Meant that...I told him that my home was suppose to be a place of peace...and that as long as he was on scene..it wasnt. I cannot believe that out of this mouth came the words.."MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!!"...LOLOL...so very not me..well...not the old me.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lisa,

That is just awesome! Isn't it empowering when we finally get it! You never know how much recovery is there, actually in you, until a moment like that when your emotions actually back up what is coming out of your mouth!

Feel good about yourself today. That my dear, is the beauty of detatching with love!
Old 10-24-2003, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Monumental, Mom. That's flexing your recovery muscles!

Hugs!
Smoke
Old 10-24-2003, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow.....Can I borrow some of that muscle....sure could use it today!!!!!

Stand strong!!!

Blessings,
Constant
Old 10-24-2003, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Loving Mom

Sometimes the strength we have deep down inside jumps out and surprises us. Thank God for that. I know that you are going through some tough times right now. I'm glad that you have come to a crossroads and figured out which way to turn. Tough love is hard, but it can have some amazing results. Hang in there.
Peace,
Gabe

P.S. Smoke..."runs with scissors"? Bwahahahaha!