Notices

I'm not going to be downer

Old 09-13-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm not going to be downer

I've been looking at my posts and I want to apologize for being a bit of a downer. I am going to be more positive from now on. I just get very serious when it comes to this disease because I see the harm it causes mentally and physically to you, the alcoholic. And I want everybody to get sober and be free.
I wish that I could have been transported in time and spent a month living life the way I was prior to finding hope, getting sober. I think a good time to be sent forward would have been when I started hiding a bottle, going to different liquor stores, filling up the house bottle and looking at the clock. I guess that would have been about ten years ago. Time sure does fly when you don't want to give up drinking.
So for all of you starting out or struggling where you are... count each and every sober day and be proud.
SH
Old 09-13-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stanley,

You're right, that this disease destroys people.

I don't think you've been a downer. I think there are times when we are able to give, and there are times when we need to take. We're here to support you, no matter what.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Anna - I'm not getting a downer vibe - your posts are thoughtful and honest and helpful to others.

IMO your posts are fine SH

D
Old 09-13-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree..... I think your posts have been supportive !
Old 09-13-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well that is good to know. I suppose I am to hard on myself, sometimes. Being on SR has been of great benefit to me and my recovery. It has given me a place to check in and be around wonderful sober people. I've learned a lot and got some great book recommendations that have led me on what I call "reading for recovery". I know that if I hit a tough time I can come here because all of you will understand.
Thank you
SH
Old 09-14-2010, 02:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stanley I am glad you are here and I don't view you as a downer. I think SR is a wonderful community where we can share the wonderful news and where we can share the pain or things that are weighing on us. I have awesome days....and then I have some rough ones and I share with SR. I would rather vent on here then close the door and hit the bottle.

Huggs