What happened to Recycle?

Old 09-01-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

What happened to Recycle?

So I lost my job this week, but I am still employed. My employers have given me an opportunity to reinvent myself… I am pretty much OK with that since I am re-inventing myself in other ways too, but I really poured a lot of myself into that job. I can deal with less money, but being named as the goat is a little tough to take. (If you happen to read this Goat – no offense is intended. Goats are a metaphor. Personally I like goats more than most people.)

I cannot overstate how much it meant to me having you guys around to prop me up. Hopefully I will not have to return the favor, but I am certainly prepared to help where I can. Thank you, I am much more peaceful now.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Wishing you best of luck with your new incarnation.

I'd try for a 4 day work week

Murray
Old 09-01-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey! Sorry about your job man. I once was a goat and transferee departments...it worked out for the best. Hugs!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear, recycle, WE kind of got the hint that something was haywire, Hope you land on your feet ready to move forward! If you need ANYTHING please let us know!! You can PM me anytime!! Whatever the need!! Please realize we want to help-- Waiting to help, if you will tell us how! Now is not the time to be independent, -- now is the time to allow us too do what we can! I know this is the "secular" side, but I am sending prayers you're way NOW!! Please help us help you!!!....lucke......
Old 09-01-2010, 10:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Thanks guys. I am ok. I probably needed to detach from that reality anyway. I am more than my job.

Monday night was very heavy. I never have felt that bad in my life, it was a where is my damned Glock kinda night...and that was before the principals showed up on Tuesday. (The Glock is in a safety deposit box BTW. A drunk I am, stupid I am not...errr, check that, how am I going to get that damed thing out of the bank??? LOL) I wonder if it was a premonition combined with PAWS? Regardless, it hit me really hard. It really helped to have some people show up for me. Perhaps this is a new opportunity, maybe I should go do an Engineers Without Borders gig, anybody wanna go with me? I am a well diggin' mofo.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can hook you up with some guys in Ghana...

Seriously tho - thoughts of glocks - if things continue to be bad in the mindgames department, do consider seeing someone ok, R?

D
Old 09-02-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Its the hard times that I go through recovery that bring me experience. Experience that I can transform into a strength that can get me through the next dip in the road. Sorry to see your going through a rough spot Recycle. Hang in there.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Love ya, bro.!! Don't do ANYTHING Goofy, I would have to follow! And I'm scared to! So save us a lot of missery and DO'NT!!

Last edited by Dee74; 09-02-2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: removed phone number
Old 09-03-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry, the last post was supposed to go in a pm to someone else. I don’t know how it ended up here. I told you guys I am a dinosaur on the computer!(too many moving parts). Please ignore my ineptness!

I am going to a family reunion this week end, I'll see you all on Tuesday!!( don’t worry, no drinking allowed) Looking foreward to the Golf turnament Sun. and Monday!! Everyone have a good Holiday!! See Yaaa............
Old 09-03-2010, 12:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

It sort of was in context

Have a great weekend!

Murray
Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I can hook you up with some guys in Ghana...

Seriously tho - thoughts of glocks - if things continue to be bad in the mindgames department, do consider seeing someone ok, R?

D
Dee, I really hate you. Always with the helpful advice. Do you have a closet I could live in for a month or two? I seem to have a bit of time on my hands.

r~
Old 09-09-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Check in if you get a second...we would all like to know how you are doing.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

my apartments pretty damn compact - I have a carport tho? lol
Check in soon R.
D
Old 09-09-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

I took your advice Dee, and went to the mental health urgent care facility this morning. The anxiety was so bad I was having hallucinations. Once I said the "S" word I was not completely sure the were going to let me out of there, but after a couple of electroshocks and a lobotomy there figured I was safe enough to go free. I am going to see someone about an outpatient treatment program tomorrow and a therapist soon. I just hope the drooling doesn't short out my laptop.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did that once myself R. - took myself off to mental health - they didn't want to let me go either

I hope it proves as good for you as it was for me

D
Old 09-09-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in, I'm glad that you got some help...I used to fantasize about spending time in a. "Mental health" facility...there's a really nice one next town over that a lot of celebrities go to. I think that's the appeal of rehab.

Maybe wrap some Saran wrap around your computer to prevent it shorting out;-p