Notices

Great Number 8!

Old 08-26-2010, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Great Number 8!

Today is 8 days I feel good, just preoccupied with all the things I have to get done today. Errands, phone calls to make, cleaning, school supply shopping, eh =P

Yesterday had to help my husband register at a college here. He's from Europe so he's not familiar with how things work here. It was cute LOL I had to speak with the advisor for him because the advisor couldn't understand his English and my husband didn't really understand what the guy was talking about.

I'm so exhausted though.. I haven't had a full night's sleep in forever. Woke up a hundred times last night and got up at 5am. Ugh. Well, most of the reason is because my 5 yr old has a sore throat, and my 2 year old has a mild cold. I think she's recovered now, it only lasted a couple days. So, they need me no matter what time it is ya know?

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a great sober day! I'm off to get some things done and hope to stop at the bookstore today too!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are off to a busy day 8... even if you are a bit tired, it is completely different than having a hangover and needing a drink. Sorry to hear about your young children, but again at least they have your full attention, that in it self is a great reward.

Keep busy and day 8 will past very quickly. I was also up at 5:00 a.m. and excited about the day... that is a wonderful feeling.

We will "talk" later..... have fun school shopping, I actually did.

Once again, congrats on Day 8
Old 08-26-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Congrats on day 8! Week + 1! Glad you are sober to deal with the life that comes your way.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you, I've seen your posts lately..sounds like you are really doing great. I had a little stumble a few weeks ago after almost 6 weeks and just in case you need an extra line of defense, take it from me..it sucks!!! I felt so impossibly defeated. Keep it up!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great Job!

Great ob on making to day 8! I'm on day 12 and it's slowly getting better. Sleeping is tough! My kids have showed me no mercy also Kepp it up!
Jeff
Old 08-26-2010, 11:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
Good for you, I've seen your posts lately..sounds like you are really doing great. I had a little stumble a few weeks ago after almost 6 weeks and just in case you need an extra line of defense, take it from me..it sucks!!! I felt so impossibly defeated. Keep it up!
Thanks for your post! I keep wondering if and when I will slip. Every day I think "I wonder if today will be when I slip" .. but then I get through the night sober. It's kinda funny to me.. =P
Old 08-26-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Do not expect to slip....it will give you an excuse to really do it. Its the "well it HAS to happen sometime!!" attitude that can get us into trouble. We can only do what we can today you are right. Follow the path.....
Old 08-26-2010, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

True. I'm not expecting it really, just wondering. Like everyone says, take one day at a time. I can't really anticipate anything happening when I'm only thinking of today. I'm getting through it nonetheless.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi eremc

I don't believe there's any reason for anyone to slip...lot of excuses, but no reasons, if you get me.

You're doing fine, and no reason to suggest that will change so long as you keep doing the work (whatever that means for you) and reaching out here when you need to

Congratulations
D
Old 08-26-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks! I think I caught my kids' cold. My throat feels icky.. so if you don't see me post for a day or two that's what happened and I'm veggin out. On a good note: I baked a yummy yellow cake and can't wait to taste it (if my cold allows me to taste anything)!

Have a nice night everyone!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you on Day 8 and I hope you feel better in the morning!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 8! Hope you all get over your cold! Take Care.

Xo
Old 08-26-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations Erem, keep it up!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your progress