Finally had my appt with a therapist

Old 08-06-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally had my appt with a therapist

Just for ME! I made an appt with a therapist, it took over a month to get my appt but last week was my first one, yesterday was my 2nd. i feel good about this, she made a treatment plan for me, setting and sticking to boundaries, learning how to cope with stress ( which will go along with my emotional eating) and work on co dependancy. She said my best friend with co dependancy will be al anon, so i will make it a point to get to a meeting. Also said i need to not be so isolated and start doing things for myself, since i dont know where to start we will work on that as well, along with some other things. Anyway i just wanted to share!

My brother is hanging in there, court again next thurs the 12th. he is going to send a letter of apology to the gas station he robbed through his lawyer. Now that hes clean and in his right mind he feels horrible about this.

Thats about it.....praying for everyone on here!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay! So glad you are getting some help to deal with all this! Can't wait to hear about your first Alanon meeting. Please come hear and post afterwards. I think it's very helpful to others when people share about their Alanon experiences.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nicole
Good for you for getting the help you need to work through things. I am a strong believer in getting help from a professional when it is needed. Take care of YOU!

gentle hugs
Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nicole, That's wonderful...So glad you are focusing on you and you exercised determination in getting that first appointment. Let us know how you enjoy Alanon.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

YAY ((Nichole))!!! So glad you are taking care of you

I'm also glad your brother is hanging in there, and has remorse for what he did. I hope this was his bottom.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy