Notices

What is a candlelight meeting?

Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink What is a candlelight meeting?

There is a "candlelight meeting" at a church very nearby to where I live tonight and every night. I am a night owl, so this is very appealing to me. Is a candlilight meeting for people who work second shift or can anyone go to it? It says that it is "open", but if it is intended for a certain group, then maybe I shouldn't go to it? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

it's a meeting held in candlelight!

i go to a candlelight meeting on moday evenings. it's great. an open meeting is an open meeting so anyone can attend. candlelight meetings really reinforce the 12th tradition for me. not being able to see peoples faces and perhaps not even knowing who they are allows anonymity and 'principles before personalities' to shine through.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Candlelight meetings are VERY cool. I spoke at one recently, one that has candlelight for every meeting. One of my home groups also has one every year at Christmas. It's candlelit, we all bring food, and we go around the room with each person saying what he or she is grateful for (there's usually well over a hundred people so the shares are SHORT).
Old 08-02-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Candlelight meetings are just AA or NA meeting held at night and the lights are dimmed and candles are lit. Otherwise its just another AA meeting. I like what augustwest said about reinforcing anonymity though.