Mom's relaspe

Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mom's relaspe

I always came here to complain about my relationship.. I never thought my parents’ drinking affected me that much. This morning I get another text from my sister about my Mom. Every time my dad goes out of town she has a relapse. I live 1200 miles away. My mom is my best friend in the world, we talk everyday. And today when my sister asked me to talk to her, for the first time ever I was really really scared of losing her. I know there is nothing I can do, but it’s just so heart breaking. I know it wouldn’t change anything, but I want to move home. But I have two kids of my own to take care of.

The hardest part was that I was trying to tell her how much everyone cares about her and is scared for her health. (It’s not great to say the least) And the perfectly honest admission on her part was.. “I know that, I just don’t care.”
Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

(((HUGS))) I can only imagine how hard that was to hear. The thing is though, you being there with her wouldn't change anything except to put you right in front of the action. You don't need that and it wouldn't do her any good anyway. Take care of your kids and yourself. As you know, that is the only thing you have any control over.