Feeling Empowered

Old 07-21-2010, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Empowered

When I first came to SR I was drowning. Many of the great members here told me what to do, Al Anon, HP and keep posting. I went through the grief process over and over and finally came to my acceptance of the situation.

I followed the advice and set out on my own journey of reclaiming myself, which has been difficult, but definitely not impossible.

Over the past 7 days, I have been contacted by XAGF, of which I did not answer (her number is on my block list) She did leave messages, and I decided to listen to one of them, out of my codie behavior. Her addiction likes to make phone calls in between the hours of 3am and 6am.

My XAGF got into a fight with her new victim, she got a public drunk, and the new victim threatened suicide and wrecked his pride and joy a convertible 300zx. The rest of the message was about him being bi-polar, and how could she have made such a horrible mistake.

The old me would have worried, driven to the town she was in, called all kinds of people, made recommendations, sent long letters, loose sleep, not eat, you know the rest.

The new me deleted the messages, ate a hearty dinner, and slept like a baby.

I thank God my HP for delivering me from the madness!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm tellin' ya...it's like a light bulb just goes off one day. Or is it pops on?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by mrphillipctrs1 View Post
When I first came to SR I was drowning. Many of the great members here told me what to do, Al Anon, HP and keep posting. I went through the grief process over and over and finally came to my acceptance of the situation.

I followed the advice and set out on my own journey of reclaiming myself, which has been difficult, but definitely not impossible.

Over the past 7 days, I have been contacted by XAGF, of which I did not answer (her number is on my block list) She did leave messages, and I decided to listen to one of them, out of my codie behavior. Her addiction likes to make phone calls in between the hours of 3am and 6am.

My XAGF got into a fight with her new victim, she got a public drunk, and the new victim threatened suicide and wrecked his pride and joy a convertible 300zx. The rest of the message was about him being bi-polar, and how could she have made such a horrible mistake.

The old me would have worried, driven to the town she was in, called all kinds of people, made recommendations, sent long letters, loose sleep, not eat, you know the rest.

The new me deleted the messages, ate a hearty dinner, and slept like a baby.

I thank God my HP for delivering me from the madness!
Drowning is a pretty good description of how I was too.

Man, I don't get that DWI, Dialing While Intoxicated, should be at least a misdemeanor.

There's a lot to be said for sleeping like a baby, and gratitude as well. Good job.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

Oh, and VICTIM.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

By George, you've got it!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Ahhhhhh, peace and serenity.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

What an inspiring post--keep strong!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It IS amazing what "no contact" will do!

Many folks don't get it... until they actually do it... but man when that light bulb comes on.... watch out.... we DO feel empowered.... we ARE empowered.

Good for you!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What great steps forward you have made !