OT: I think I'm closer to deciding

Old 07-05-2010, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

OT: I think I'm closer to deciding

I started teaching my summer school courses this past week, and it was a very stressful week. Also working the new job + getting ready to move. Have a lot on my plate, and perhaps that is influencing my thinking, but...as I posted here before, I'm just not sure how much I can keep up the teaching thing. I realize that it is quickly fading in terms of being a passion in my life, and I need to do something about that.

Last Thursday, I arrived home after a 14 hour day, stressed and tired, with still more work to prep for the next day, and I just started crying--I couldn't handle it. And I had a mini-epiphany; I asked myself, "is feeling this way really worth it?" And I'm beginning to think it isn't.

So I took a mental health day off from work the following day and thought about my future...and I'm making some decisions. I'm investigating school progs. that will allow me to go further in the direction of the nonprofit work I want to do; I'm not sure if I want to go back to school again (I went back for a Master's to teach, and that took time + $), but I'm going to at least consider doing a prog. part time in the fall....
And I do have a break after teaching summer in which to think about all this...but I'm feeling a little better after making the small decision to possibly start heading in the direction of my true passion.
Thanks for listening.