Notices

JFT July 5

Old 07-05-2010, 03:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
REZ

JFT July 5

Exploring spiritual options

“The nature of our belief will determine the manner of our prayers and meditation.”

Basic Text, p. 44

––––=––––

How do we pray? For each NA member, this is a deeply personal matter. Many of us find that, over time, we develop a manner of prayer and meditation based on what we learn from others and what we are comfortable with.

Some of us arrive in NA with a closed mind toward a Power greater than ourselves. But when we sit down with our sponsor and discuss our difficulty, looking at the Second Step in depth, we are pleased to find that we can choose any concept of a Higher Power that appeals to us.

Just as our definition of a Power greater than ourselves differs from addict to addict, so does our manner of achieving a “conscious contact.” Some attend religious services; some chant; some sit quietly or talk with whatever is out there; some find a spiritual connection by communing with nature. The “right way” to pray and meditate is whatever way helps us improve our conscious contact with our own Higher Power.

Asking others how they found their spiritual guidance is always a good place to begin. Reading literature before we enter periods of meditation can also help us. Many have gone before us on this search. As we seek spiritual growth, we can greatly benefit from their experience.

––––=––––

Just for today: I will explore my options for improving my conscious contact with the God of my understanding.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
REZ

It is important for me to realize that there are many ways to pray and meditate, since this gives me more options for making conscious contact with my higher power.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Meditation for the Day - Many things can upset you and you can easily get off the track. But remember that God is near you all the time, ready to help you if you call on Him. You cannot forever stand against God's will for you, nor can can you forever upset God's plan for your life. Even though God's plan may be postponed by your willfulness and deliberate choice of evil. A whole world of men and women cannot permanently change God's laws nor His purpose for the universe. The sea of life may look very rough to us, but we can believe our captain steers the boat on a straight course.

I pray that I may try to steer a straight course. I pray that I may accept God's direction in my life's journey.

I often worried about whether or not I am praying the right way. Until I came to the understanding that God already knows my wants and needs. Some of my prayers are formal, some are not. All I have to do is ask, be grateful and understand that God will answer sooner or later in his own time.

Jerimiah 29:11 says; For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God Bless you Rez