Notices

If you had told me....

Old 06-26-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recent T-totaller

Smile If you had told me....

Haven't posted for a while so I thought I just get back to y'all.

If you had told me six weeks ago that I would be sober, without anti depressants and happy about it I would have laughed in your face. One of those bitter angry laughs we all know so much about.

But... apart from a cold which keeps me in bed I am sober, without antidepressants and happy about it and it's awesome.

I'm fighting the cold with Ibuprofen and colloidal silver. Giving the mind and body a little support with St John's word, vitamins and TLC from Hubby who is as happy about his sobriety as I am about mine and loving it.

No cravings and lots of sleeppppsssszzzzz. Of to the next nap.

Good on y'all for sticking to it. Especially Dub who finally seems to have made the jump. Also yey, for finding your daughter back and her wanting to clean up her act.

Oh, and I found a knitting group in one of the local caf's (Coffee and breakkie and lots of ladies knitting in peaceful sobriety) I have socks piling up left right and centre. :rotfxko
Old 06-26-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to hear you're going so well Margareth

D
Old 06-26-2010, 09:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hey Margareth!! So good to read your post and know you're knitting up a storm! Way to go!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Margereth,

I am so happy for you! Sobriety is wonderful. It's a shame it took me so long to finally "hear" what I was being told. I still remember the anger, the self-pity I thought was depression and all the time I missed because I just couldn't wrap my mind around sobriety.

I'm just so happy for you! It's amazing when that subtle little "click" goes off and we finally "hear" we don't have to drink any more. That life is good or at least much better without the haze of drinking.

Thank you for your post. It lifted me up this evening!

Love,

Lenina