My STBXAW is Sober but still in Denial

Old 06-20-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My STBXAW is Sober but still in Denial

In the never ending saga to end our marriage, we had our depositions for the trial last Thursday. As a quick refresher, I have 4 little girls and have had temporary custody since 2008 after my wife had a car accident and was arrested with a .33 BAC. After a year of treatment, she came home and resumed drinking in October 2009, and drove with our children on many occasions. When I told her that I was proceeding with the divorce, she got amnesia and professed that she hasn't had a drink except for a two or three day lapse in October 2009, and she's still in the house. She sleeps in the master bedroom, because I couldn't be bothered to argue with her. It appears she believes that it is not what you do, but what the other side can prove that matters. So back to the deposition. Our first witness was my wife's best friend for the past 18 years. She spent 4 hours destroying my wife, and she just sat there as if her best friend was talking about someone else. My wife's attorney was so flustered that he complained that he had a migraine and that we needed to cancel the remaining depositions. Before we ended, he recommended that we settle this matter before we air our dirty laundry in court. This is the same attorney that told my wife that he would defend her until his dying breath.

This was the best Father's Day present I could have received. I am concerned that my wife is delusional, but this will soon be someone else's problem.

Thank you for all of your support over the past 6 months.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Happy Father's Day.

It seems the end of your legal attachment to your A is in sight.
Best wishes for a healthy future to you and your girls.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

"my wife had a car accident and was arrested with a .33 BAC."
Heartfeld happy father's day. I think I blew close to that once near the end (wasn't driving). Unless you're a regular drinker that level is usually considered deadly. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible and you, your children and x are in better places.