OT Q for males in this forum

Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Question OT Q for males in this forum

are you able to live and strive alone? live alone...be single for a long while...
(several months at least)

because in my own little world it seems that males 25-35 are UNABLE to breathe a single second without someone next to them.

they seem to HATE being alone. and avoid it at all costs.

why??? or is it just my impression? it seems like women are much more capable to cope and enjoy life alone than men... so its funny I LOOK FORWARD TO 2 AM when I can finally feel myself and be alone and silent yet there are people that dread it ??

well I spent some time with a coworker, he just bought this WONDERFUL HOUSE I would LOVE to spend time alone in, and he prefers to stay at work or be around people there instead of enjoying a place he can call his own.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You need to meet more guys. I am a bit older than that (48) but I loved being alone and lived alone during that entire stage of my life. I would not let my girlfriend move in with me and rarely let her spend the night, which caused her and the relationship some real problems, but I love living alone, always have, even when I really coulda used a roommate to cut expenses.

I never drank at home either, I was a bar drinker, so no connection with me being an alcoholic. Now sober for 4 years (with a couple of minor relapses) I still love living alone.