Notices

Need a little help...

Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wantmylifebk12

Unhappy Need a little help...

Hi. I am 4 days clean. DOC is opiates..vikes, percs.. I am on day 4 of detox and I'm feeling better today than yesterday. I am a mommy and the pills helped with stress of juggling school and babies. I have read alot on here and its encouraging tho I'm afraid I'm going to relapse AGAIN. I'm not jonesing yet but it IS only day 4.. I wondered if anyone can help me with the TERRIBLE headache I am suffering from, almost like my brain is being caught on fire! Also, I have hurt the ppl I love most. The $ I have spent is sick and put us behind on. biills. I have gotten thru college on these things and I have 1 yr til graduation. It's time for me to take control back of my life and all the forums I've read have REALLY helped! I'm getting thru this w/d alone, masking it w the excuse of the flu. I feel distrusted by all around me. I have done things WAY out of character for me and I'm ready to be who I. was.. any words of encouragement??
Old 05-27-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great that you've gotten through to Day 4, good for you!

I wonder if a warm shower or a walk outside would help take the focus off the headache? Have you talked to your dr?

And, yes dealing with the messes we created while using/drinking is a horrible thing to deal with it, but there is no way around it. Just take it slow and be patient with yourself.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wantmylifebk12

thk u.

Yes hot baths and as soon as Im done its back.. its hard to get my kids ready for the day, let alone myself or to walk doesn't seem a possibility. I'm wondering what. to expect after day 4. I detoxed before but my memory is fried. When will I. Feel somewhat normal again? Energy is nowhere to be found.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi wantmylifebk12

I was never an opiate user but I've spent some time on our substance abuse forum, and what you're going through seems pretty normal to me. I always recommend people see a Dr where possible, so I hope you'll consider that.

I know you'll find a lot of support here and at the other forum I mentioned too
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D