Notices

Amends

Old 05-24-2010, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Amends

Hello all at soberrecovery:

I haven't been on in awhile, work's been busy and all. Anyway, I'm living in steps 9-12 right now, and one of my daily prayers is "God, please take me to my next amends". It's amazing how that works when I'm in step 9!

Lately SR has been coming into my head, and the idea that I need to make an amends. Last year (2009) when I was getting my sobriety back 9it was very shaky every day for most of that year) I came on real hard more than a few times, railing against antidepressant and sleeping pill use and all, because I personally had last my sobriety through them. I realize now that that was wrong of me to do. I've since met some folks in recovery that genuinely need anti-psychotic medication. There's no doubt in my mind that if any of these individuals were to abruptly cease their medications, they would be in grave danger, of hurting themselves or others.

I realize now that my story is my story only. I have regret about some of the statements I made and honestly pray that I did not hurt anyone by my comments.

If anyone here took exception to my comments, and would like to let me know how I affected them, I'm here to listen. I guess PM'ing me would be the appropriate avenue for this. Anyone who responds, please let me know what I can do to make anything right that perhaps might not be.

Again, folks at SR - I am truly sorry for some of the statements I made last year. I was angry - angry at the medical profession, angry at the pharmaceutical industry, etc. and I honestly believed at that time that I was helping people to better understand the potential danger in mixing pills with sobriety.

Sorry, folks.

Dave (Puddy)
Old 05-24-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

I don't know you, so you didn't offend me. :-)

If anyone's ever done this before - I missed it! Seeing as steps are on-going. I'll probably need to post something like this in every discussion group in here. --- Um, maybe tomorrow. ;-)

I'm thoroughly impressed Puddy!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice to see you around dave.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Dave.

D
Old 05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace