Notices

hello

Old 05-16-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello

hi

im teardrop (dave)
i cant stop drinking it just ***** my life up but i need to drink to feel normal

im also struggling to find my way around this forum???? any help, where can i post, just to chat about nothing inperticular??

dave
Old 05-16-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Dave,

You are in the right place for new comers, feel free to share about yourself & some of your challanges. There are a good group of people on here that will understand your situation.

The chat room link is in the top right of the screen, is also shows how many people are on there. Let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,

NB
Old 05-16-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

hi teardrop and welcome! I'm pretty new here as well, so I don't have total familiarity with the site (haven't done the chat room yet). But there are sticky threads at the top of each section where you can go to get help, ask questions, etc. I think you'll find that if you hop around a bit, things will get more familiar.

As to your post, most of us are here because we couldn't stop drinking either (or using drugs). Recognizing that your have no control is the first step in getting sober. It's sort of ironic that you have to "give up" the battle in order to win it. We give up the idea that we can drink normally, and commit to staying sober one day at a time (or an hour or minute at a time). The most important thing is that you're here asking for help. (I credit this place with the sober time I have today.)
Old 05-16-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dave

Welcome to SR. This forum is a good place to start - at least until you get the lay of the land.

D
Old 05-16-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewBeginning010 View Post
Hi Dave,

You are in the right place for new comers, feel free to share about yourself & some of your challanges. There are a good group of people on here that will understand your situation.

The chat room link is in the top right of the screen, is also shows how many people are on there. Let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,

NB
it asks me for a plug in but i not good with computors??
Old 05-16-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
it asks me for a plug in but i not good with computors??
You can download the file needed right here Download Java for Windows Firefox from Sun Microsystems Just click on the "Free Java Download" button in red & follow the directions.

or

Click this link & scroll down to the second page about the chat feature & how to install a Java file that is needed

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - FAQ: Forum FAQ